• This topic has 24 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by hooli.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • My wife just complained that I’m not the man she married…
  • Kryton57

…apparently I’m fitter, thinner, more athletic, calmer and look slightly better with a beard.  She pointed  at our wedding photo and puffed out her cheeks and said “See?”

Honestly there’s no pleasing some people.  Tsk.

psling
    Free Member

That’s what happens when you become a singlespeeder

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Swoons at the hunk

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

more decisive would have really been a compliment too far 🙂

garage-dweller

Worst ever bit of self deprecation.

chewkw
    Free Member

She thinks you are trying to look good for some reasons related to other females … 😀

johnw1984
    Free Member

Alright showoff! 🙂

To be fair though, I’ve gone the same way. From 22 stone about 10 years ago, currently around 14 stone 8.  I think I was around 17 stone on my wedding day 4 years ago.

Feels good though eh? 🙂

convert

I’m twice the man my wife met. But not in a good way.

dknwhy

Sounds like a “get out of jail free” card to me.

spacemonkey

Pics or it didn’t happen.

midlifecrashes

Aye, you were in a bad place a while back, and some daft brigading on here didn’t help. Give her a hug and allow yourself a wee dram of a nightcap. [Raises glass.]

timbog160

Fair play…

Kryton57

Aye, you were in a bad place a while back, and some daft brigading on here didn’t help. Give her a hug and allow yourself a wee dram of a nightcap. [Raises glass.]

This is is true thanks, although the physical and mental changes didn’t happen in parallel.  I have my cbt councillor to thank for the latter which has only been happening this year.  I only went to fix my flying issues and it’s very much changed me for the good in general as well – thanks for recognising that, the op was a tongue in cheek post though not a brag. 🙂

Having said that, I’ve a lot to thank my wife for in general, as a stalwart family provider, mother and friend.   I’m sure that’s true for most.

bikebouy
    Free Member

TBF his pics on the internet do make me feel inadequate 🤪🥊

Kryton57

Pics or it didn’t happen

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Sorry to break this to you. But. Shes reversed over your race bike. (Possibly euphemistically)

avdave2

Sounds like you’ve qualified for an upgrade.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

It’s a beautiful thing when a man can celebrate his flamboyant side with other men without ridicule.

jonnyboi

Well, the important thing is that strangers on the Internet think you’re fabulous. Congrats there hot stuff

Kryton57

Sounds like you’ve qualified for an upgrade.

Moto G6?  😉

Flamboyant

We clearly haven’t met before…

tonyg2003

Sounds like she has bought some very expensive shoes/clothes….

senorj

& booked a holiday.

thepurist

So she didn’t mention the 6 pack then?

gauss1777
    Free Member

You shave your armpits?

hooli

Similar here, we were looking at wedding pics a while back and my kids thought it wasn’t me. I’d like to say it was the 4 odd stone I have lost since then but I think it was the hair on my head and a beard that wasn’t grey!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘My wife just complained that I’m not the man she married…’ is closed to new replies.