Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • My newly 2nd hand iO!
  • jamesfifield

Hi,

Please can I just say a massive thank you to everyone from Bikeradar and STW who made this possible, the only new items are the headset (Superstar) and the cranks (CRC).
    This is the first time I've put a bike together from scratch so please feel free to point out anything which needs to be rectified, and apologies for the mess in the background.

So the final boxes came in the post on Monday and the living room floor disappeared under a swathe of bike bits. Finally put the finishing touches to it on Wednesday and have been having an absolute hoot on it for the past few days (though 32:16 has meant some serious spinning around central London)!

Thanks again,
    James

EccentricEllis

Looks very nice. 🙂

bunnerscj
    Free Member

looks good – what are the forks ?

phildowling
    Free Member

Is there a bike in the picture?? I'm some what blinded by the sofa & curtain combination oh yea and the cushions….and carpet….pedals clash… 😆

james
    Free Member

The bars look very low compared with the saddle height, as a singlespeed bike I'd have thought you want them nice and high for cranking up the steeper hills. A medium rise (long) stem and some riser bars would be what I'd add
    The current flat bars look like they're drooping down a bit, as if they could do with rolling forward a bit

The pink pedals and headset don't really go with the bike IMO (especially with a brown saddle), on the plus side they do go well with the room ..

Mister-P
    Free Member

The frame looks well looked after. I really wish I had not got rid of my iO 🙁 You should enjoy it a lot.

mildred

Cushions need recovering – but not with the curtain fabric. oh, yer bike looks nice though (pink pedals?).

jamesfifield

Yeah, sorry about the background clash (but I did forewarn you). The cockpit has been tweeked, though I'm coming from predominantly road bikes so quite like the whole head-down-arse-up stance.
    I would have taken the obligatory "lean it up against a post" picture the other day but it was so much fun I didn't want to stop 😀

jamesfifield

@ bunnerscj: the forks are orange rigids. 450mm ATC, disk only. Very nice indeed.

DaveGr
    Free Member

so quite like the whole head-down-arse-up stance

too much information 😯

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘My newly 2nd hand iO!’ is closed to new replies.