Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • My new [head down bottom up] crosslight pro 6.
  • nosemineb
    Free Member

Inspired by Organic355’s build, I’ve done something similar but different!
    Main difference is the use of Shimano and the cx70 cross specific chainset and f mech [when it arrives]
    Seat post has gone down a chunk since its first ride. 😳

🙂

nbt

Oh my that looks pretty. want.

sefton
    Free Member

good stuff – what cassette you using?

for trails I have a 46/36 – 11-28 – might change the small ring upfront tot a 34 though!

it looks the bolloxs that! 😉

is it just for fun or are you planning on doing some events on it?

nosemineb
    Free Member

Its 46 36 front and currently has 11-32 at the back taken from the old mtb.
    Its for commuting use really and general messing around on with my son.
    I will be entering the 3p again this year, ive done 5 already and was having a break but im really keen again. May even do some yorkshire points races to.
    Theyre pretty capable off road, so i will happily take it on the tracks i used to ride the mountain bike mainly in the Dales and Dalby.
    Looking at doing some long road rides and poss a Fast coast to coast day trip in the near future.
    Thanks for the comments.

DavidB
    Free Member

That looks V.similar to my current build, just waiting for my wheels to arrive

Couple of Qs.

What rims are you running there?
    It looks like you are using inline cable adjusters on the brakes, where did you get them from and I take it you are going to put the rear one at the front as well?
    Oh, and what tyres for long road rides AND offroad as well.

Good luck in the 3-peaks .. but man up and get them gears off for it 😉

nosemineb
    Free Member

Its on crests and running tubeless with Maxxis raze tyres. Most people tend to use landcruisers for the 3 peaks and for road pretty much anything you fancy although i plan to get some 28 mm conti four seasons and hopefully run them tubeless [if i can?]
    The adjusters came in the box with the avid bb7s and the back is now setup in roughly the same position as the front so you can adjust as you ride.
    Im already thinking going 1×10 after leaving it in the big ring this morning without any trouble, but its a big step to ss for the peaks..

organic355
    Free Member

I have inspired someone? 😯

looking good though, they could be brothers 🙂

I forgot about the barrel adjusters when installing so will have to stick them on at some point. David B they come with the BB7 road brakes.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

nice bikes!

Road BB7’s are very sensitive to any spongyness in the cables, I’d recommend running them without the barrel adjusters. Pre-load the cable slightly when tightening it up at the caliper, the arm should move back and tension the cable slightly to remove slack. Any pad wear should be taken up with the adjusters on the caliper rather than a barrel adjuster. (I may well be preaching to the choir here…)

organic355
    Free Member

Interesting Horatio.

I am always one for following instructions (except this time where I didnt) and the instructions for the BB7’s say they MUST be installed with barrrel adjusters. It scared me and thought the breakes weren’t going to work and I was going to die in a crumpled mess.

But I did exactly as you said, pulled the cable really tight and adjusted the pads at the calipers and now they seem pretty sharp.

So if you are saying dont bother with the barrel adjusters I probably wont, maybe try them next time I need new cables.

njee20
    Free Member

Crests with 28mm Contis at road pressures sounds scary. Rather you than me. Tubeless or not.

nosemineb
    Free Member

So today i am using 2nd hand Maxxis detonators 700 x 28, tubeless @ 55 psi and they blew up on the crests very easily with a track pump. I do use 2 ply of yellow tape on the rim.
    Also they needed holes fixing in the tire so i’ve got a test to see if evo stick Impact works better than superglue. They’re both used to adhere a section of inner tube to a tire and have been left soaking in sealant! The superglue seems to be very rigid once dry while the Impact stays quite flexible.
    So far so good….

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Fast looking bikes. Love them.I really fancy a cx bike. Fine on the road for the winter time/commuting and a hoot on the trails too. Just dont think i can justify another bike.

thorpie
    Free Member

I’ve put the barrel adjuster on both sets of road BB7s I have owned and found the brakes to be much better in feel and use. I have tried them without but, in my opinion, they are better with them fitted meaning you can tighten the cable without faffing around with bolts etc.

Trevor.

RealMan
    Free Member

Bit late, but that bike in the OP is the loveliest thing I’ve seen on here in ages and ages.

honourablegeorge

What size are the tyres? Tubeless?

I have some crests waiting to go on my roadrat, just been faffing around deciding on tyres.

Dyffers
    Free Member

Some good info in this article:

Going Tubeless for Cyclocross – Avoiding the Burp, Choosing the Best Tires, and a DIY System (Updated, Part III)

Interestingly, the OP is using Maxxis Raze tyres, one of the ones that article says didn’t work very well (I would guess because of the wire bead?).

I’ve had reasonable success with 35mm Racing Ralph on Crest rims, although I’ve not done any serious riding on it to give it a full test.

Cards on table: seeing the OPs pics the other week has got me seriously considering buying a Crosslight Pro6 in white! 😳

Not so sure about the white rim / white bars / white stem one though. Black rims FTW.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Cheers Guys for the nice comments! 😀

In the pics it has Maxxis raze [folding] i think they’re 32mm but im unsure so ill check when home. Yes they’re tubeless with sealant. As i said above i find crests pump up better if you put another wrap of tape on them. I was using ducktape on top of the stans yellow tape but it moved too much so ive done 2 wraps of stans yellow now. They are around 45psi and have been great. On and off a few times and never been an issue. Just about do it with fingers to!
    The road tires are tubeless also and are maxxis detonators in 28mm [folding]
    Maxxis seem great tires to run tubeless.

honourablegeorge

Cool, have 32c Maxxis Wormdrive in the shed, will do those to start with.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘My new [head down bottom up] crosslight pro 6.’ is closed to new replies.