Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • My new Bullit built with bits off here! now with pics what do you think?
  • pimpmyride
    Free Member

Finished it today and went for a quick blast in my local woods, OMG! its like a magic carpet 🙂
    Built it up for freeride using bits off ebay and stw.
    Going to see how it rides in Wales in mid august but it was just a bit of fun while I was off work for 9 weeks with a torn knee ligament 🙁

May sell it in september if anyones interested?

Comments welcome 🙂

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30979354@N00/3311129879/in/photostream/

enfht
    Free Member

nice, how much all in?

jackthedog
    Free Member

Looks like a lot of fun :o)

pimpmyride
    Free Member

£1000, this is the spec I got.

Large ano black and polished frame
    5th element rear shock
    Marzocchi Jnr T 170mm forks
    Easton riser bars
    Easton Vice stem
    Sram X7 shifters
    Sram X9 rear mech
    LX front meck
    XT crankset
    Raceface bashguard
    Formula Oro K24 brakes with 203 rotors
    XT cassette
    Mavic EX729 rims
    Hope pro 2 hubs
    Maxxis highroller super tacky 2.5 tyres

Think I did ok 🙂

rs
    Free Member

think you did too, here’s the pic to save folk clicking the link.

ianpv
    Free Member

I used to have one of those in the exact same colour, very nice.

I had a set of Super Ts, which I snapped, and got a set of Jr Ts exactly like those to replace them. Terrible forks unfortunately 😥

Have fun though, great bikes.

MrAgreeable

Word! Loving mine. Just not getting used enough at the moment, sadly.

There’s an old freeride video where a bunch of goons in full “factory” race pyjamas jump their Bullits off the roof of various buildings. If I can find a 1/20th scale model village I’d be sorely tempted to recreate this.

shteve
    Free Member

the bullit is an awesome frame. the one i tried had monster t’s on it though!

swisstony
    Free Member

retro?

STATO
    Free Member

if you want to make it reeeeeeeally plush throw a 8.75*2.75 shock on, gives a theoretical 8″ of travel! I used to use one for XC and it was a serious mentalist on the way down. Id love another if i had the space.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Thanks rs 🙂 I still don’t know how to paste a pic 🙁 is it easy (hides in discrace)
    Ianpv, yeah I hear your comment on the forks but havn’t had it long enough to tell yet mate, they are amazingly plush though and they use all but the last 1/2 inch of travel so are working beautifully! In what way did you find them dissapointing?
    Would appreciate your comments again mate 🙂

Stu

steve_b77
    Free Member

Looks really kool, is the shock on the right way up?

I just thought it’d be better with the piggy back above the spring or are there no clearance issues with it like that?

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Its on the right way 🙂 checked the santa website and they are all like that.

jam-bo

might be the photo but it looks pretty tall and got some steep angles on it?

nickc

Mad lookin’ fun.

ianpv
    Free Member

hit a few bumps in a row/any chatter/a rock garden and you’ll see the issue with Jr Ts. they jsut don’t work proper! Good enough for single hits though!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘My new Bullit built with bits off here! now with pics what do you think?’ is closed to new replies.