Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • My first trail centre ride
  • mboy
    Free Member

i’ve never had a bad off at a trail centre, too smooth….

Not trying hard enough then Sharki! I did myself a air bit of damage at Afan in February, admittedly on a fairly smooth section actually, but I was tearing along at some speed when the front wheel washed out and the bike spat me down the VERY firm rocky trail!

Trail Centre Vs Natural debate? Well it depends what floats your boat to an extent, both certainly have their place. If you have natural trails on your doorstep such as the Quantocks though then I envy you, but for most of us Trail Centres provide easy, navigation free, quality assured riding, hence why they’re so successful.

Oh, and well done Aleigh. I was genuinely impressed actually. Coming from someone who thought we did a lot of climbing on a ride down at Salisbury Plain a few weeks ago, she got to the top of Cwm Carn without once having moaned about the amount of climbing. Sure progress wasn’t fast, but I’ve ridden with a couple of people riding it for their first time that were slower up the climbs for definite. Next time though she has to do at least the small ladder drop on the freeride area. I promise to do the largest of the 3 if she does 😉

Should have hung around for a 2nd lap though, the weather took a turn for the better and my 2nd lap was totally sunkissed! Amazing views, superb riding weather, great trails and good company (I even made 2 new friends on my 2nd lap, again experiencing a trail centre for the first time). Friday was a good day indeed!

Trekster

never really damaged myself on “natural” trails but busted my collar bone in Dalbeattie.

As I get older I am taking more care of myself tho 🙄

aleigh
    Free Member

Trekster – ygm 😀

mboy, thanks for your kind words! I wished I’d done that drop as I know I will have done the equivalent on another ride so yeah I’m up for the challenge!

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘My first trail centre ride’ is closed to new replies.