Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • My dogs just killed….
  • bonj
    Free Member

claim your dog was (a) valuable, (b) allergic to parrot meat, and (c) has since died. oooh. wonder why?
    If you offer to pay for a new parrot they’ll claim it was worth loads even if it wasn’t.

wwaswas

buy them one of these and claim dyslexia;

incidently and completely ot google returned this as a result for ‘carrot’;

love the caption on the carrot shot;

Work Safe (well, it’s the Daily Mail).

ski
    Free Member

How much for a Parrot?

That’s a serious amount of dosh!

I would have made sure my doors were locked to stop someone nicking it!

oldgit – Have your neighbours giving you any ideas on how they want this to play out?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

hora
    Slightly OT- Reminds me of the time that I burst into the pub on a Sat night and said to my mates ‘theres a huge African Parrot in the bush outside’ (que gags/lafs about drugs/drink).

I find this hard to believe. There’s no way hora has mates

richc
    Free Member

Some people on here are such muppets. You have to take responsibility for your actions, you caused this damage (indirectly I admit) so you need to pay to get it fixed.

Yes it may cost you a lot of money, but thats life. If it bothers you that much you should have found out how the dog got out of the garden on its 1st attempt, and blocked it.

This growing trend of its not my fault, I let my dog/child/car/whatever run out of control, its god/nature/space aliens is bullshit and people need to grow up and act like adults instead of selfish spoilt children.

hora
    Free Member

Old lad on my road once told me that he was perplexed how his Westie kept on escaping the garden (high wall/gate padlocked etc). Then one day a neighbour spotted the dog using a gap between a small tree in the garden and the wall to hoist himself up and over.

richc
    Free Member

well considering its a gay dog, he should have shot it.

snowslave

I know someone who has a parrot that is a football fan and commentates on matches on the TV (it supports Arsenal and boos other teams – it’s owners are Geordies supporting NUFC and it argues with them about football), comments on people’s dress sense and hair styles, eats curry, likes beer, chats away about all sorts. Asks them how their night was when they come in. etc etc. It’s like a member of the family, and has been so for about 20 years. Oh, and it doesn’t bite people and jump at cyclists.

And your dog’s just eaten something like this?????

I’d move house if I were you, they’re gonna kill ya! And swap your dog for a parrot, they sound miles more fun.

Dylan08
    Free Member

If I was the parrots owner I would be ‘pilling you’re pants down’ BIG-TIME!!!! Regarding replacement cost!!!

Then I would mourn the loss of my dead parrot,

Keep the evil drooling smelly bag of fur on a leash its least you can do as youre not capable of keeping it on YOURE land

Dylan08
    Free Member

It would be p*ss funny if a large bird of prey plucked the said bag of fur from youre garden as supper tonight!!!!

richc
    Free Member

just out of interest what type of parrot was it?

one of these?

or these?

as if its either you are looking at around £1500 to £2500 to replace it.

hels
    Free Member

Where I used to live in Spain (Sierra Espuna) the Eagles would come down to the village sometimes and fly off with small yappy dogs if there wasn;t much prey about up in the mountains. These things are monster huge.

They never went for cats tho. I also always suspected a bit that it was a bit of a cover story cos neighbours took the yappy wee things for a long long walk…

Stoner
    Free Member

My Gran used to have an African grey they brough back from Kenya in the 40s/50s. Fantastic bird. Must have been nearly 60 when it died.

zokes
    Free Member

Dylan08 – Member
    If I was the parrots owner I would be ‘pilling you’re pants down’ BIG-TIME!!!! Regarding replacement cost!!!

Then I would mourn the loss of my dead parrot,

Keep the evil drooling smelly bag of fur on a leash its least you can do as youre not capable of keeping it on YOURE land

Is that even in english?

hora
    Free Member

I’m not a Parrot Lover however I can’t even begin to think about the anguish these people must be feeling right now. To see your pet killed by another animal must be horrible. If they are petlovers it must be doubly hard as they cant face ‘retribution’ either.

Jeesus, I’d be over there today with an expensive bottle of wine, a big bouquet of flowers and discuss an action plan for replacing their Parrot with one they chose (of course not an African Grey etc).

oldgit
    Free Member

It did’ne escape last time, a guest on firework night decided to go outside for a fag and left the door open for it.
    The Parrot owners were having a firework night BBQ and took it in and fed it etc etc.
    I don’t know how the the **** it got out, the garden is fenced all round. My assumption is that it scaled the fence, there’s a bit were my elderly neighbor passes buscuits over.
    The Parrots house is seven houses away, so it made a beeline staight for that place. They must have left their door open whilst they were at work.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Out of interest did the neighbour come round and say "your dog eat our parrot" or did the dog just return home with a face full of feathers?

ziggy
    Free Member

Well I’m an african grey owner, if a dog did that to mine I’d be furious.

My little Sukie is 13 years old now and still a youngster, parrots have real charater, one is often very different from another, even in same breeds.

You are going to be looking at £1500 plus for a good quailty hand reared bird.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I can sort you out with a rare Glozzershire Giant Parrot. £20.

lowey

My African Grey, Alfie

Replaced by our Boxer dog. We had to sell the parrot cause the boxer kept trying to get him when he came down for his breakfast. The wife and kids wanted a dog, but Alfie was my pet. He was bloody great company. Miss him like mad.

*walks off grumbling about bloody dogs………

zokes
    Free Member

Lowey, I reckon you should have sold the wife, kids and dog instead. You’d had got more money, and he looks like a cool little fella!

lowey

I;d probably have to pay someone to take my lot away …. 😆

jimmerhimself
    Free Member

Lets cut to the chase, animals kill each other, it’s nature. But for the parrot to have been killed by a dog, it must have either been incredibly stupid or in a very deep sleep….either way it’s natural selection.

oldgit
    Free Member

Been to see the owners.
    It turns out that they let the dog in, and despite the owners trying to fend off our dog it despatched the parrot within seconds.
    Spoken to the KC, the local vets and the kennels. It does’nt come under dangerous dogs, it’s just a sad and unfortunate thing. I am trying to rehome the dog though.

richc
    Free Member

or perhaps it though it was safe inside its home.

Following that logic if someone enters your house without permission and takes something thats OK, as its natural selection as you didn’t lock the door and its in some people nature to take things.

edit: if they let it in, then its a bit of different story, still shit tho.

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

"The Parrot owners were having a firework night BBQ and took it in and fed it etc etc."
    They are not totally blameless then, feed a dog when it comes to your house, it will come back, the follow their stomachs more than anything else.

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

They let it in…… Totally their fault.
    I hope the guilt of the terrible death of their parrot keeps them awake at night.
    😉

wwaswas

"I hope the guilt of the terrible death of their parrot keeps them awake at night."

you’re all heart r_rob.

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Oldgit, Are they asking for anything for compensation then ?

wwaswas

you could offer them the dog if you don’t want it anymore, they need a new pet…

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

And then they kinda get the parrot back aswell !
    Or at least some of it.

oldgit
    Free Member

The Parrot was bought for their daughter wh now lives away from home. At the moment they are asking for nothing, so they might not want to replace it, but I’d be ok with it if they do want to.
    Just wish they’d never taken it in, and I wish their garden had had a fence not just a few conifers.
    Totally crap situation.

ChrisHeath

So why do you need to get the dug rehomed?

tinker-belle
    Free Member

Have they asked you to rehome the dog?

redthunder
    Free Member

This is a Parrot Farm.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well if I owned a £2k pet I’d have it insured. Our £0 cat is insured, even.

molgrips
    Free Member

Nice bit of trail in that pic, redthunder.

bigsi
    Free Member

2 pages into a thread on dogs and TJ has only posted twice, this must be a new record 😉

richc
    Free Member

great, they claim off their insurance and we all pay for it.

zokes
    Free Member

Woof?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘My dogs just killed….’ is closed to new replies.