Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • My Dad’s Honda Cub 90 1995 worth keeping or selling?
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Sell or Keep?

My old Dad (in his 70’s) only rides 100-500 miles a year but hardly uses the scooter.

I told him to sell and buy a modern bike or even an electric motorcycle or EBike. He uses the car mainly.

It’s good condition at 14K miles.

Sell or Keep?

ElShalimo

Keep

trail_rat
    Free Member

I told him to sell and buy a modern bike or even an electric motorcycle

under what rational ? because its a bit old ?

timbog160

A true classic! As a despatch rider in London in the 80s I remember hordes of these, clipboards attached, being ridden by aspiring cabbies doing the Knowledge. Worth keeping if you can, but only if you’re going to get some use from it…

outofbreath
    Free Member

Keep.

Speeder

It’s an appreciating classic*. If it’s still running fine and he has no problem using it what’s the reason for changing it? Those things are virtually bulletproof and anything else will be unfamiliar and alien. Not to mention a waste of money.

I wouldn’t.

*It’s actually quite new if it’s 1995

sweepy
    Free Member

Did he ask for your opinion?
    I’d keep it, but then I don’t want to start a precedent whereby we get rid of anything

because its a bit old

kayak23

There’s only one answer.

sweepy
    Free Member

Also

kilo

Keep, great bikes to ride and gone up in value over the last few years

phil56

Take it racing – They have a race series – Plop Enduro, 4 man teams. Looks like stunning fun!

bob_summers

Take it racing

When I was racing proddy 250s I remember Leon Haslam lapping me in practice at Oulton – on a C90…

hooli

Keep it for sure.

Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

1995? That’s pretty young actually.

If you REALLY have to do something with it…… then how about an electric conversion?

Build your own ELECTRIC Honda Cub. Conversion KIT from Shanghai Customs.

TBH…… I would just leave it as it is. Once you take into consideration the carbon-footprint of actually producing a new product then it is FAR FAR more environmentally friendly to continue using the old product until it explodes (Even if it is producing emissions as all internal combustion engines do.)

Honda Cubs sip fuel, spares are cheap and plentiful and Cubs are used worldwide for all manner of applications.

Use it until it explodes. That would be my answer. (Just dont expect it to explode anytime soon.) They are pretty unburstable.

Dickyboy

Passed my bike test on a mates C90 happy memories 👍

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I’d keep it. In fact, I now want one.

Checks autotrader…..

nedrapier

Keep it. Not the most biggest selling motor vehicle ever produced for nothing.

PhilO
    Free Member

I can’t see mention of the C90 without thinking of this:

The Cause

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Donate it to the Purple Helmets… there would be no finer end.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘My Dad’s Honda Cub 90 1995 worth keeping or selling?’ is closed to new replies.