Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • My Commuting story – Friday 27th August 2010 :)
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Was lovely this morning. Lets all hug 😉

1. No one cut me up.

2. I stopped as some lights and an elderly lady said thank you.

3. I was doing some intervals, 1/2 mile stretch from one roundabout to the lights I stopped at. After the lady said thanks a white mini-van stopped on my left as I was turning right. A nice lady in her 30's said "YOU WERE GOING 30 MILES'AN'HOUR". I thought ere we go (in mind "it is a 30mph limit") waiting for the next line to 'ave a go at me. She said it again in amazement. Then "I couldn't believe how fast you were going". I was rather taken aback that someone you say something complimentary in rush hour traffic!!. I said "I was training for next weekends ride". Then cycled away badly as couldn't get my foot in the right pedal 😉

Thats it – you can go about your business 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

sweet, you realise she wanted to have sex with you?

foxyrider
    Free Member

why shouldn't she 😉

Edit. It wasn't a dream coz I spun my token

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

You sure that wasn't a dream?

will
    Free Member

Then cycled away badly as couldn't get my foot in the right pedal

So many times 😆

Always nice when people compliment.

binners

In my experience, this is the point where you can't get unclipped at the next set of lights and keel over sideways in a suitably comedy fashion 😀

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yup thats the one 😉 Numpty SPD moment 🙂

binners

I had a nice commute home yesterday too on remarkably quite roads. At one point 2 girls shouted 'Phwoar! Nice arse!!" at me from their car

My immediate concern was that they're now giving driving licenses to the visually impaired. Thats an accident waiting to happen 😀

foxyrider
    Free Member

Nice one binners 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I had to pay £20 to stand in an overcrowded train becasue the one ticket machine at the station was 10 deep in wellie and hotpant clad festival goers, and the same week the station decides to go on a money grab and enforce penalty fares for everyone buying tickets at the destination station.

Just feeling like I paid a fine for the fact that their system can't cope when people actualy use it.

It's not like you can dodge a fare anyway with barriers at the station, its purely a money grabbing excercise!

philconsequence
    Free Member

driving into Reading this morning for work, mentally prepared for a 3 hour traffic jam and it took me 30 minutes door to door, that faster than a normal morning. 😀 great journey.

Karinofnine

Mine was lovely too, went completely without incident. I even saw my neighbour who is handsome and sexy (and he hooted and waved at me) – so all good. *hugs everyone*

foxyrider
    Free Member

Had to look carefully at your statement there Karinofnine – blatant homosexuality is a rare occurance on 'ere 😉

16stonepig
    Free Member

I commuted home yesterday, in the rain, in my single layer with short sleeves, and loved it. Legs felt refreshed from the nice massage lady at work, and nobody was mean to me.

wors

"massage lady at work" any jobs going 🙂

Karinofnine

Foxyrider – it still is rare, I am a woman – blatant heterosexuality 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘My Commuting story – Friday 27th August 2010 :)’ is closed to new replies.