• This topic has 49 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • My biking pal…taken off Cannock Chase in ambulance…!!!
  • neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Hello Drac;

The Paramedics who attended to me initially were fantastic, difficult terrain to take me over in a 4X4 but the driver made it feel like a limousine !
    I did thank them profusely when I got to the hospital – exceptioal people.

sounds like I am going on but when you are in a situation with a potential dangerous neck injury and you are lucky to walk away – you sing from the rooftops…

Drac

The Paramedics who attended to me initially were fantastic, difficult terrain to take me over in a 4X4 but the driver made it feel like a limousine !

Sounds like you had Morphine, never been in a comfortable ambulance in nearly 20 years.

I think your entitled to go on it’s a scary time going through that.

nickhead
    Free Member

Very glad to read the positive ending to this one – I probably encountered you guys on my way around last night, loads of people out and about

Know that spot well – spent many a time sessioning the jump over the years. I never bother with it when just riding through tho, mostly because of the hole… with saddle up it just seems too easy to have your weight too far forward, so i just pop off the side

on a related note – i had my first crash in a long time last night. Bit like getting a rap on the knuckles from teacher – reminder to pay attention in class!

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Drac, Do we as mountain bikers call on you guys too much? Some of the stories I read on here and hear from mates really makes me think we should all probably all do a bit more to keep the mountain resue teams and air ambulances in funds. I suppose as a group we are insignificant compared to the friday binge drinkers though!

Neverfastenuff – I’m glad you are walking wounded, reading your pals first post sounded like you were gonna be off the bike for a long while!

rafe8t7
    Free Member

Glad you OK there man…I broke my Lid in half on the stump and gashed my hand on my bike making an attractive J scar…permo reminder of that little bit of fun!!
    Take care there man!

zaskar
    Free Member

Hope he’s alright.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Drillski
    Free Member

Big Eared Biker
    i think you may be right there. Perhaps we chase bikers, who do certainly seem to call on teh air ambulance etc a serious number of times each year need to think about a bit of directed fundraising! Perhaps someone with a bucket on the entrance to BV carpark, MD and the downhill area for a few hours. Would need a few folks on a rota to cover most of the day on a busy weekend, and permission from the FC.

Drillski
    Free Member

damn duplicated post

Drac

Drac, Do we as mountain bikers call on you guys too much?

Personally never had a call to a fellow mountain biker and compared to other sports I’d say no. Just put a little though into it, if your mobile and not it horrendous pain, bleeding that you can be controlled, not been knocked out or not immobile do you need an ambulance.

As for the drinkers yeah they cause us more problems than most.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘My biking pal…taken off Cannock Chase in ambulance…!!!’ is closed to new replies.