• This topic has 1,799 replies, 156 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,800 total)
  • "Muslim" terrorists attack French magazine in Paris
  • D0NK

I am a peaceful, law abiding muslim who goes against every belief these terrorists hold.

presumably they have quite a few beliefs that coincide with yours otherwise they’d be fundamentalist somethingelse-ims or ists or ians. But I get your point and would be surprised if any (literate, intelligent) person really thought all muslims held the exact same views as these nutters.

Wow such straw men and its only page 2

tho he may not have said it this time before JY made his comment, binners standard response on these threads is to nuke them from orbit.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I agree this is fascism, but fascism follows fascism, it’s a cirlce to the bottom of a deep deep hole.

maxtorque

digga – Member
    The elephant in the room is clear for anyone possessed of reason and logic to see; modern, tolerant, liberal, western society is incompatible with Islamic values. They do not want, let alone respect the freedoms we hold to. They have no interest in participating.

This^^ And the day after the Oil runs out in the middle east, i fully expect the boarders to be closed and those countries will simply return the middle ages, because, without oil money, they have nothing to trade with the “capitalist infidels” .

seosamh77
    Free Member

maxtorque – Member
    digga – Member
    The elephant in the room is clear for anyone possessed of reason and logic to see; modern, tolerant, liberal, western society is incompatible with Islamic values. They do not want, let alone respect the freedoms we hold to. They have no interest in participating.
    This^^ And the day after the Oil runs out in the middle east, i fully expect the boarders to be closed and those countries will simply return the middle ages, because, without oil money, they have nothing to trade with the “capitalist infidels” .

If you count modern and tolerant western culture as stirring up civil war and worse in half the muslim world, then batter in! 😆

grum
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/PzusSqcotDw[/video]

But I get your point and would be surprised if any (literate, intelligent) person really thought all muslims held the exact same views as these nutters.

Lots of seemingly reasonably intelligent people still make crass generalisations about ‘what Muslims think’ etc.

wwaswas

Jon Snow nails it;

Paris:brutal clash of civilisations:Europe’s belief in freedom of expression vs those for whom death is a weapon in defending their beliefs.

peterfile
    Free Member

Jon Snow nails it;

MoreCashThanDash

I think jambalaya has a point in that until the moderate Muslim community gets some high profile publicity on some big “not in my name” type protests, then they will struggle to get the hard of thinking tabloid readers to understand that it is a radicalised minority carrying out these atrocities, and the “them and us”dance of death will continue.

I accept that some protests have occurred here and elsewhere, but haven’t had the publicity they deserve.

digga
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member
    If you count modern and tolerant western culture as stirring up civil war and worse in half the muslim world, then batter in

No, you have a very good point with that, which is why there are plenty (myself included) who hope the Chilcot enquiry turns out to have teeth.

As Gandhi said though, an eye for an eye leaves us all blind. We need to move on.

I can accept that many Muslims are peaceful and tolerant, but they still perceive themselves as being apart, because that is what successful religions do and it is divisive and backward. The world would be infinitely better if we all simply regarded one another for what we actually are; humans.

chewkw
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

“the shooters”

I really don’t believe in capital punishment but “a really good kicking followed by life in solitary” is looking increasingly attractive

Nahhh, you think too much.

D0NK

Lots of seemingly reasonably intelligent people still make crass generalisations about ‘what Muslims think’

what do the mean when they say ‘what Muslims think’ tho? We know there’s some very dubious shizzle written in the bible we also know that a whole bunch of christians don’t believe or follow it tho. Do they actually mean ‘what islam says’ or similar?

But yes there’ll be some idiots who think they know what all muslims think
    <haven’t watched vid yet – no sound>

seosamh77
    Free Member

digga – Member
    I can accept that many Muslims are peaceful and tolerant, but they still perceive themselves as being apart, because that is what successful religions do and it is divisive and backward. The world would be infinitely better if we all simply regarded one another for what we actually are; humans.

I disagree completely with framing any conversation about this type of thing in religious terms. It only muddies the politics of it all.

digga
    Free Member

IF[/b] There were terrorists running around, who cleaved to the dogma of the Old Testament, then they would be equally dangerous.

My opinion still stands – lets ditch the dogma, put a line under the previous centuries religious nonsense, and try to concentrate on treating everyone as humans, irrespective of sex, age, race, nationality.

surfer
    Free Member

What was that clip of Reza Aslam supposed to contribute?

peterfile
    Free Member

IF There were terrorists running around, who cleaved to the dogma of the Old Testament, then they would be equally dangerous.

Religious terrorists.

maxtorque

Would this be a bad time to suggest, that God doesn’t actually exist, no matter which one you happen to “believe” in………….

wwaswas

Would this be a bad time to suggest, that God doesn’t actually exist, no matter which one you happen to “believe” in………….

I’m not sure that’s relevant, people doing stuff ‘in his name’ don’t have a very clear understanding of what their god wants at the best of times.

bencooper
    Free Member

IF There were terrorists running around, who cleaved to the dogma of the Old Testament, then they would be equally dangerous.

Ever heard of the Lord’s Resistance Army?

grum
    Free Member

Surfer – if you really can’t work it out then I can’t help you.

Google the Lords Resistance Army.

Edit: Bencooper – snap!

FWIW I’m no great proponent of Islam or any religion but I’m even less of a fan of ignorant prejudice.

D0NK

What was that clip of Reza Aslam supposed to contribute?

having now watched it, if it was meant to highlight that some CNN presenters have difficulty differentiating between what some muslim countries and what muslim people as a whole do/believe then it was quite apposite.

Sui
    Free Member

wwaswas – did you copy that still from the vid on youtube? – it’s proper grim, am surprised it’s still up. They looked quite well trained as well.

grum
    Free Member

having now watched it, if it was meant to highlight that CNN reporters have difficulty differentiating between what some muslim countries and what muslim people as a whole do/believe then it was quite apposite.

You really think it’s just CNN reporters who have that problem? Plenty of evidence of it in this very thread.

D0NK

You really think it’s just CNN reporters who have that problem?

it’s a new year, I’m trying to stay optimistic and see the best in people, give it a couple of days and I’ll probably be agreeing with you 🙂

<edit>besides I said “literate, intelligent” people I have no idea if CNN reporters and all STWers fall into that category.
    😉

jimjam
    Free Member

wwaswas

The IRA were always ‘Catholics’ – we didn’t invent another word for the religious group they came from and (to a large extent) claimed to represent?

Protestants were few and far between in the provisional IRA but there certainly were non Catholic members. Historically many of the leading figures in Irish republicanism were Protestants.

As Gandhi said though, an eye for an eye leaves us all blind. We need to move on

But in this case it wasn’t really an eye for an eye. More like 12 deaths in return for a probably not very funny political cartoon.

Northwind

jambalaya – Member

The Muslim world can reclaim their religion

1.4 billion muslims don’t need to “reclaim” their religion because of the actions of a minority of nutters and scumbags.

hora
    Free Member

Minority? How many are going to Syria again from each country? How many attacks worldwide?

Saying that- who represents Christians and who is stopping Christians from invading countries to overthrow that countries leader to put in place someone who they think would be better?

Northwind

hora – Member

Minority? How many are going to Syria again from each country? How many attacks worldwide?

Is it more than 7,000,000,000 people?

wwaswas

wwaswas – did you copy that still from the vid on youtube?

no, still was on twitter. Didn’t realise it was from a video.

I wouldn’t have watched it even if I’d seen a link, tbh.

Sui
    Free Member

ah, just as well then, don’t it’s not nice..

edit to add, i had no idea what was coming up..

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

extremists have hijacked your faith by announcing to the world they are taking over and whether you like it or you will be dragged in with them .

You mean Pegida or ISIL? Both?

digga
    Free Member

This is from 2011. I certainly don’t agree with all of her opinions (not least that we ‘need’ religion), but given events since then it is highly relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH6QO9MfaH4

badnewz
    Free Member

Looking at some footage on the box, and the whole thing looks absolutely terrifying.

chewkw
    Free Member

Malvern Rider – Member

extremists have hijacked your faith by announcing to the world they are taking over and whether you like it or you will be dragged in with them .

You mean Pegida or ISIL? Both? [/quote]

The latter.

🙄

badnewz – Member

Looking at some footage on the box, and the whole thing looks absolutely terrifying.

It is just a matter of time when the same scenario happens here but they will not get far unless they can swim across like a fish.

digga
    Free Member

To my mind, this tweet is a straightforward endorsement, if not incitement to terrorism.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Christ only knows how that’ll be avenged?

😛 Careful!

wwaswas

To my mind, this tweet is a straightforward endorsement, if not incitement to terrorism.

or is he just exercising his freedom of expression?

tbh, he has 23k followers 80% of whom are just interested in ridiculing what he says – I’d just ignore him and give him the obscurity he’s so desperate to avoid.

chewkw
    Free Member

digga – Member

Ya, he is increasing his personal profile again so wonder how much he get paid for publishing his views or has he got some sort of employment?
    Hope he is not claiming benefits. 😯

surfer
    Free Member

@Grum

I actually thought there was some significance in you posting a clip of of that buffoon! If I could be bothered I would post links to Sam Harris making a fool of him, you know just for balance and all that though I doubt that is what you are after.

Lords resistance army

Oh FFS we are all living in mortal fear of them arent we

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,800 total)

The topic ‘"Muslim" terrorists attack French magazine in Paris’ is closed to new replies.