• This topic has 1,799 replies, 156 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,800 total)
  • "Muslim" terrorists attack French magazine in Paris
  • chewkw
    Free Member

hora – Member

Theres only going to be one winner out of all these events. It isn’t going to be Islam/Muslims.

I truly hope not coz all my machetes are in the other part of the world and I cannot defend myself with broom stick or cricket bat if we get our arse kicked … 😯

mashiehood
    Free Member

Im a muslim – what does this make me?

binners

follow a bastardised version if Islam but their religion does not make nor suggest is adherents do this

An awful lot of them seem to think that thats exactly what it suggests they do. Have you somehow missed whats going on is Syria and Iraq as well?

We need to stop fannying around with this wooly, liberal, lets-all-live-together-in-peace-and-harmony bollocks, and face up the reality of the situation, and to the fact that we’re dealing with out-and-out fascism.

Junkyard
    Free Member

@ mashie Not sure but apparently i should be scared of you 🙄

An awful lot of them seem to think that thats exactly what it suggests they do. Have you somehow missed whats going on is Syria and Iraq as well?

No but you seem to failing to notice the billion other Muslims not doing this

We need to stop fannying around with this wooly, liberal, lets-all-live-together-in-peace-and-harmony bollocks, and face up the reality of the situation, and to the fact that we’re dealing with out-and-out fascism.

White ones or Islamic ones as i can see them on both sides 😥
    is that Not a bit Jihadi and extremist there Binners?

Us V them is the same attitude they have and I would say oh the irony were it not so serious

bencooper
    Free Member

The elephant in the room is clear for anyone possessed of reason and logic to see; modern, tolerant, liberal, western society is incompatible with Islamic values.

Those’ll be the Islamic values that kept science and mathematics alive while “western society” was in the dark ages?

digga
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Theres only going to be one winner out of all these events. It isn’t going to be Islam/Muslims.

Halliburton?

the-muffin-man

Can’t imagine it will do Marine Le Pen and FN much harm in the polls either!

Or UKIP.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

A potential Atheist.

hora
    Free Member

It’s not going to be us either.

No it’ll hurt our freedom of speech and the meaning of democracy. More terror laws, more CCTV etcetc. On the ground more people voting for narrow-minded muppets of all religions and persuasions.

wwaswas

same as the rest of us I’d imagine, just with a specific set of beliefs?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Can’t imagine it will do Marine Le Pen and FN much harm in the polls either!

@ninfan
    , yes indeed, very scary times. France has the largest Muslim population in Europe. Things are going to be very very tense.

bigjim

A turrorist, according to my perceived interpretation of the media. Which is a shame 😐

crankboy
    Free Member

one could as accurately state “The elephant in the room is clear for anyone possessed of reason and logic to see; modern, tolerant, liberal, western society is incompatible with Biblical values.”

The winners out of this will be the Terrorists behind it. They are attempting to create a climate of hatred and hostility against Muslims to effectively force the vast bulk of the religion into their camp . Unfortunately there are too many in the western world whose knees jerk too quickly and who enthusiastically play along with the terrorists agenda.

bencooper
    Free Member

The British ISIS recruits were buying “Islam For Dummies” on Amazon before they went.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Those’ll be the Islamic values that kept science and mathematics alive while “western society” was in the dark ages?

@ben
    – people tend to focus on more recent history and events

The British ISIS recruits were buying “Islam For Dummies” on Amazon before they went.

I think they had more than enough religious teaching from twisted Imams either in person or online.

ninfan
    Free Member

No it’ll hurt our freedom of speech and the meaning of democracy.

Personally I think that was fatally wounded when we made offending someone’s religion a criminal offence!

chewkw
    Free Member

mashiehood – Member

Just another person with a religious faith.

Bear in mind, my best friend is a muslim and I grew up with muslim friends in a muslim village.

Stay on course with none of the radicalisation then you are fine otherwise like everything else you ripe what you sow.

So what does it make you? Insignificant in the grant scheme of things like all of us or shall I say – Zombie maggots.

:mrgreen:

mashiehood
    Free Member

But what do i believe? The press and certain statement on here would lead to me believing is killing innocent people. Do i believe that its right to kill innocent people? Rape? children being used as soldiers? Ethnic cleansing?

All of the above can be associated with every religion at some point in time? But today im a Muslim and apparently I believe in all of the above being correct if I have to defend my faith?

NO – I DO NOT BELIEVE IN ANY OF THE ABOVE. I am a peaceful, law abiding muslim who goes against every belief these terrorists hold.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

If I were the French government, I’d just concentrate on finding them, arresting them, trying and then gaoling them as per normal for murder.

The mag should go straight to press with a sarcastic report on the attack.

Everybody should

binners

Its frankly irrelevant where they get their teachings or guidance from, the end result is murderous lunatics. And it seems like theres no shortage of the same ready to follow in the footsteps. So what do you suggest we do. Wring our hands a bit harder?

just5minutes
    Free Member

No it’ll hurt our freedom of speech and the meaning of democracy.

Personally I think that was fatally wounded when we allowed men to openly advocate the murder of Salman Rushdie and burn the Union flag on the streets of Britain without any consequences.

crankboy
    Free Member

I am not sure that “offending ” someone’s religion is a criminal offence.

digga
    Free Member

All organised religions are, to varying extents, cults, extortion rackets and ponzi schemes; pay money, obey rules, and your eternal soul will be saved.

In this day and age, it is high time we stopped allowing any religion to derail subjective debate. None should be pandered to, all should take a back seat to core values and laws. Any religion which seeks to undermine rights and equalities – free speech, sexual and gender freeedom – is plain wrong.

wwaswas

mashiehood – pretty much everyone understands that ‘muslim’ terrorists are not representative of the people who follow that faith and that not everyone who follows that faith is a terrorist.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I am a peaceful, law abiding muslim who goes against every belief these terrorists hold.

@mashiehood
    – we recognise you are in the majority, our issue is how we collectively deal with this minority.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Perhaps we should invade a few more of their countries and bomb them some more- though you term this hand wringing

I mean what else can you do with war mongering savages ?
    I say we bomb them some more ..surely that will teach the western liberal way is the correct way and nothing like their way?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Mr Whoppitt. The magazine immediately re-tweeted the ISIL cartoon

surfer
    Free Member

If it was the message of the religion every Muslims would be a gun totting suicide bomber
    Even you must accept this is not the case.

I certainly do. This fact does not detract from the message however. Even apologists such as yourself cant ignore that (as with all religious texts) there is a significant amount of hate involved and any warped person or one of low intelligence will find ample justification for their actions. Saying their is no justification is simply wrong.

surfer
    Free Member

Perhaps we should invade a few more of their countries and bomb them some more- though you term this hand wringing

I mean what else can you do with war mongering savages ?
    I say we bomb them some more ..surely that will teach the western liberal way is the correct way and nothing like their way?

Wow such straw men and its only page 2

MoreCashThanDash

*high fives junkyard for use of the word “nuance”*

Carry on

mashiehood
    Free Member

Junkyard – yes lets kill some more innocent people. That will sort it.

wwaswas

“the shooters”

I really don’t believe in capital punishment but “a really good kicking followed by life in solitary” is looking increasingly attractive

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Wring our hands a bit harder?

I suggest that “we” should just carry on with whatever “we” are doing. Unless you live in France?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Wow such straw men

Wow you sure defeated all my points there 🙄

Its amusing to see straw man abused as an ad hom …oh the irony

Glad you noticed it More Cash 😉

wwaswas

Unless you live in France?

and even then.

chewkw
    Free Member

mashiehood – Member

But what do i believe? The press and certain statement on here would lead to me believing is killing innocent people. Do i believe that its right to kill innocent people? Rape? children being used as soldiers? Ethnic cleansing?

All of the above can be associated with every religion at some point in time? But today im a Muslim and apparently I believe in all of the above being correct if I have to defend my faith?

Ya, but you are screwed. Other religions had it the same way long ago so now it is the turn of your faith to learn. Coz those extremists have hijacked your faith by announcing to the world they are taking over and whether you like it or you will be dragged in with them …

😯

ElShalimo

They won’t get far in that Citroen until a bizarre electrical problem stops them.
    Let’s hope the Gendarmerie drive a Japanese/Korean/German car so they can catch them when it occurs

jambalaya
    Free Member

The Muslim world can reclaim their religion by leading the charge to eradicate extremism. It can do so by going to the police with information of anyone expressing extremist views, it can do so by testifying in court against them. It can do so by whistleblowing on all and any funding / charities which it suspects are diverting funds to terrorists. It can do so by publically condeming these actions by arranging large anti-terrorist demonstrations in the same way they did so regarding the war in Gaza.

grum
    Free Member

When oh when will moderate Muslims speak out against this vile terrorism?

NO – I DO NOT BELIEVE IN ANY OF THE ABOVE. I am a peaceful, law abiding muslim who goes against every belief these terrorists hold.

Oh.

Well maybe they could do it louder, and more often (every day perhaps) – or maybe walk around with big signs on their heads just to make sure.

hels
    Free Member

What Binners said is quite right.

Every religion has it’s share of nutjob fundamentalists, using their creed as a shield for whatever their beef is with the world. Doesn’t mean all Muslims/Christians/Jews etc think the same.

Islam is an easy target due to some cultural practices in some Islamic countries that don’t sit well in the west, all that female circumcision and public executions, you know the kind of thing.

Add in French Colonialism chickens coming home to roost et voila…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,800 total)

The topic ‘"Muslim" terrorists attack French magazine in Paris’ is closed to new replies.