Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Musicians of stw – help please
  • tjagain

I think there are some musicians on here.

I have been let down a bit and the position is I need a instrumental version of ” wild mountain thyme” for people to sing over in the next couple of days! Lots on youtube but all too slow or they muck about with it- I need it a bit uptempo. ( around the pace of the corries version) It for my other halfs ashes scattering – its gonna be weepy enough without it being like a lament!

So if anyone can bash one out on a guitar for me it would be super.

Huge ask but surely one of you talented chaps can do this for me. I have singers organised but struggling with a backing!

Or if anyone knows of a decent instrumental version that can actually be sung over.

Can yo tell I know nowt about music?

BigJohn

I found this Will ye go, Lassie, go (the title itself got me going). I assume you’ve heard the Ed Sheeran version?

I’ll be thinking of you. And you’re welcome here for a guide and stopover when you visit Cannock Chase on your world tour.

eskay

tjagain

Ta BigJohn. I think thats better than anything I have found

its a bit tricky in that i cannot listen to it without blubbing 🙂 I used to sing it to her as we walked around the hills

I thought I had a backing track sorted but the bit I hadn’t listened to went all funny!

*sniffles*

eskay

Apologies tj for the inappropriate schoolboy humour, I didn’t read the username or the whole post.

tjagain

No problem at all. Humour is good especially inappropriate / black humour. I have some really sick jokes for my speech 🙂

eskay

Haha!! Well I deleted it anyway. Best wishes.

lesgrandepotato

https://youtu.be/KUpuJl6TzLY Would this work?

CountZero

its a bit tricky in that i cannot listen to it without blubbing

Aye, it’s a lovely tune, and lovely lyrics as well. Personally, I’d just go with the best version I could find, with vocals, and let everyone let rip over the top! I can’t carry a tune in a bucket, but I’ll happily sing until I’m hoarse when there’s a song I know being played – it helps disguise my poor singing. 😁

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Musicians of stw – help please’ is closed to new replies.