Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Musicians/filmakers/mid 90’s band content
  • EddieFiola
    Free Member

Hi
    Each year i try to make at least 1 film, i do this for fun and that’s about it.
    I normally put my films on here because no one else really watches them.

To cut a long story short i was in a band in the 90’s. which got signed, albums, touring, all that can be expected. We never quite ‘made it’. I recently moved house and found THE BOX with all the bits and bobs in from this period.

Anyway, here’s a documentary about band who only got 14 minutes of fame….
    As always, please comment.

Thank you in advance

sc-xc

That was brilliant, thanks for sharing. I remember the logo but think by that time I’d moved from gigs to clubs – if you were a couple of years earlier it would have been right up my street (was a big fan of Senser who you reminded me of from the live footage)

Looks like you made some great memories and fair play to you all. I’d say that you had more than 15 minutes of fame…you should be proud of that.

simondbarnes

Enjoyed that, thanks 🙂

IHN

That was good, that.

I reckon I’d have been a fan had I heard of them at the time, very much the kind of stuff I was in to. I’d certainly have had a poster of the lead singer on the wall of my student bedroom…

bazzer
    Free Member

“No one fell out, and we had a good time”

Brilliant, I enjoyed that 🙂

gallowayboy

Thanks op enjoyed that.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing, really enjoyed it.

CountZero

Really enjoyed that, very professionally put together, and great live footage.
    Have to say, I have no recollection of the band at all, and that was a time when I was listening to a lot of similar stuff; two bands mentioned in a press clipping in particular were Curve and Garbage, Curve I saw several times, never saw Garbage, but also Lush and quite a few other bands who were similar like Linoleum. Many went the same way, ultimately, Lush eventually broke up after the death of their drummer and they lost heart, Linoleum just faded away, as did Curve, sadly.
    Lush did get back together for a short while several years back, I saw them three times, and they released an EP of new material, but a certain amount of internal friction and other factors meant they called it a day.
    Except for Miki, the lead singer, who’s formed a band with her husband, Moose, called Piroshka, who are releasing their second album soon, and hopefully touring. The single from the new album is getting played on 6Music, so there’s still life to be had in music.

copa
    Free Member

Really good that.

DezB
    Free Member

Excellent film there.
    Takes me back to 10-15 years earlier than that when I met a genius/nutter guitarist and we tried to make it. I dropped out of college just to play music. It took too long to find a front person and then the nutter side of the genius took over and he got a girl pregnant (one we’d tried to persuade to front the band!), then just disappeared. Ah, fantastic memories though. S’a shit bizness 😀

Anyone curious enough to get hold of STREEM’S album, there’s a few on Discogs £3-£5 🙂
    https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/5324337?ev=rb

gozarch
    Free Member

Really enjoyed that. Sounds like you had some good times, OP 🙂

EddieFiola
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, nice to get feedback. I wouldn’t buy that album, the stuff we did later was way better!

beej

Really enjoyed that too – very well put together.

lister

Excellent film, really took me back to the mid 90s (best decade EVER!) and the energy of the music at that time.
    I have no recollection of Streem but find it hard to believe that I missed you and all your gigs.
    Good fun all round.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Musicians/filmakers/mid 90’s band content’ is closed to new replies.