Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Music on PC to Iphone 6?
  • Brainflex

I have a lot of music on my PC that I would like to move to my Iphone 6. Some in MP3 and some in AAC (Itunes). I’m a bit of a technical numpty so can any tell me the best way of doing this?

Additionally what is a good music player for the Iphone that can play my music? This is all for offline use.

Thanks

jam-bo

iTunes on the pc
    Music on the iPhone

You don’t need to overthink it…

slowoldman

Like he says.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Got a good data connection? Is your music anything specific or just generally available stuff?

If it’s just a regular music connection head over and look at one of the streaming services Spotify/Pandora/Google Music and there is an apple option and unlock a whole heap more music

Brainflex

How do I get the music from the pc to the iphone?

hols2
    Free Member

How do I get the music from the pc to the iphone?

You have to install iTunes on your PC, then use iTunes to transfer files to the iPhone. You cannot drag and drop files like in Android because Apple stuff is locked down to protect you from yourself. iTunes is a godawful mess, unbelievably horrible piece of software, but you’re stuck with it if you want to transfer media files to an iPhone or iPod. It just works, only just.

Brainflex

Thanks. I get it now, it’s just like with my old ipod. Durrr!

slowoldman

Yes the music bit of your iPhone is an iPod.

iTunes is a godawful mess, unbelievably horrible piece of software

No it isn’t it works fine.

zippykona

Has anyone ever managed to download their entire apple music library to a device in one go?
    When doing it to my phone I had to download over 6000 songs in batches of 10.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Has anyone ever managed to download their entire apple music library to a device in one go?

Got 40 million on my android, just had to install 1 app 😉 Are you ever out of range long enough to need that one song? Just stream it

trail_rat
    Free Member

Got 40 million none on my android, just had to install 1 app 😉 Are you ever out of range long enough to need that one song? Just stream it

With plenty foreign travel yes yes I can be in places with no signal for weeks on end. …

DezB
    Free Member

What phone for 1TB of music? 😆

OP- there’s a prog/app called CopyTrans you can put on your PC/laptop if you don’t want the overhead of an iTunes installation and database. Allows you to drag and drop files from a folder to any iOS device. And it’s freeeeee.

Brainflex

Thanks Dezb, that’s what I had in mind when asking.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

What DezB said.

iTunes sucks on pcs, although you can sync stuff like music via WiFi instead of slow usb lightning ports.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Music on PC to Iphone 6?’ is closed to new replies.