Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Multi device USB-C PD charger?
  • sam_underhill

New phones (pixel 3) in our house that seem to only fast charge if they get fed from the provided USB-C Power Delivery (PD) charger.

My existing 4 port USB 2.4A (per port) charger was sufficient for the old phones, but the new one just decides that it needs a bit more juice.  I’m sure it “could” charge faster with 2.4A but the hone certainly decides that it’s not sufficient.

Ideally I’d like something that had 2 USB-C PD and 2 USB sockets.  I suspect that the spec of PD means that because it could be used for charging something beefy like a laptop, 2 PD sockets just doesn’t happen.

Any ideas?

Cougar

Search for Anker on Amazon.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Power Delivery spec allows the device to negotiate a higher voltage and/or current. A standard 2.4A USB charger is going to be 5V 2.4A max.

Belkin have stuff about PD and sell chargers but maybe not ones with multiple sockets (yet). https://www.belkin.com/us/resource-center/power-delivery

Likely some cheap Chinese stuff about. Take care as higher currents and voltages may mean cheap uncertified stuff may be at risk from overheating, including the cables.

sam_underhill

Yeah, I’m super keen to avoid cheep chargers.  Too much potential for a house fire.

Looks like Anker have something with a single PD and multiple USB which is close to meeting my needs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Multi device USB-C PD charger?’ is closed to new replies.