• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by aide.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mudhugger protective patches
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Just stick on and hope, or do you use soapy water and a squeegee like you do with Invisframe?

gallowayboy

I just wrapped insulating tape around the seatstays instead. Couldnt be bothered with the clear strips.

z1ppy

binned it and just used plenty of electrical tape instead

Onzadog
    Free Member

I used self amalgamating tape when I fitted mine.

As I have some patches left over, I was thinking of using one cut down on the back of my seat tube where it’s currently getting scratched up by mud on the tyre.

escrs
    Free Member

Just stuck mine on

Word of warning do not rely on just the protective patches alone, the mud guard will wear through them, it will damage your paint and if your frame is carbon then that too, seen this on another forum to a few bikes

I fitted the supplied patches then put a double wrap of Gorilla tape over the top to make it extra thick

Another little trick you can do is fit 3-4 cable ties on each side of your seat stays then mount the mud hugger on top of these and then zip tie it on as normal

This makes the mud hugger have zero contact with the frame as it sits on the top of the zip ties

davosaurusrex

How are they with max number of zip ties fitted? Just put one on (my god, it’s fugly), stays were previously helitaped completely and have used max zip ties done up FT so it feels solid, is it still likely to move and wear through?

escrs
    Free Member

It will still move, the zip ties will stretch a little over time, mud will get in any gaps and will be like a paste and grind away at the protective tape, hence why i put the zip ties on the seat stays then mounted the mud hugger on top to lift it off the frame

davosaurusrex

Hmmm, will give your method a go @escrs. Ta

aide

I cut up an old inner tube as use that between the frame and a mud-hugger. Enough to wrap round frame, then bit of tape to hold it together and zip-tie up as normal after that.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mudhugger protective patches’ is closed to new replies.