Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mudguards for Planet X London Road/XLA/Full Monty
  • Jase
    Free Member

Looking to get some mudguards for my daughters Planet X XLA SL.

The ones that PX sell for the London Road will fit, but are £40 so was gonna look at cheaper alternatives.

Anyone got a London Road, Full Monty or xla fitted with mudguards?

Just wondered if there any others that fit?

I’m assuming the ones that PX sell will come with a long bolt to mount through top of fork where the caliper brakes would normally sit.

Not sure how they would attach to rear bridge though as the XLA SL doesn’t have a bridge with hole for caliper, there is a bridge with fixing point but this points directly down so not sure if the London Road mudguards attach to this somehow?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Jase

ads678

Sks chromoplastics on my london road. I drilled a couple of small holes on the rear one and attach to the rear bridge with cable ties, simpler than using the little bracket that came with them.

joemmo
    Free Member

for that type of bridge fixing, just drill a hole and bolt it through from underneath. It means you have to remove the wheel to take the guard off but its neater and more secure than cable ties.

SKS chromoplastics or Bluemels will both fit

staffo
    Free Member

Bluemels on my London Road. Had to use a longer bolt than provided for the fork mount and just bent the rear metal bracket 90 degrees to fix it to the fixing point.

Saccades
    Free Member

Crud catcher mkIII

swdan
    Free Member

Also chromoplastics on my London road and I did as Joemmo suggested with the rear one. Front on was held on with cable ties for a while until I managed to bodge something with a bolt through the fork crown. Requires me to put a hex key in through the front to do it up but no major problem.

Jase
    Free Member

Thanks all, this is really helpful

swdan
    Free Member

I would say just be careful with what size tyres your running. My chromoplastics were fine with 35s, I’m now on 38s and they are fine on the straight and narrow but give it some round a corner and they run a bit, no extra mud clearance either!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mudguards for Planet X London Road/XLA/Full Monty’ is closed to new replies.