Home Forums Bike Forum Mudguard for rigid fork?

• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by ogri.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Mudguard for rigid fork?
  • sl2000

Anyone have any tips for fitting a mudguard to a rigid carbon fork?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I use one of those Toepeak front fenders just zip tied to the rigid forks works great and in your case you will have to leave expanding bolt out which I have done even though it could go up the hole.

nixie

I used a mudhugger on my longitude. Just went heavy with the zip ties on the sides and ignored the lack of arch mounting. Also fitted out sightly higher up. For a carbon fork I would do the same but probably double up on the protection tape.

ajantom

I used a Zefal FM30, put a bit of sticky backed velcro on each leg of the fork and the guard to stop it slipping down and then zip tied.
    Not moved a mm.

scotroutes

I used a mudhugger on my longitude. Just went heavy with the zip ties on the sides and ignored the lack of arch mounting. Also fitted out sightly higher up. For a carbon fork I would do the same but probably double up on the protection tape.

That

sl2000

Thanks all. Don’t have any double sided tape (or velcro) just now so have gone for lots of zip ties.

ogri
    Free Member

ajantom,thanks for posting that,bloody annoyed i didn’t think of it.First job tomoz.

benp1

I use a crudcatcher and a neoprene thing to stop the forward mud flinging

sirromj

A good dob of double ended drillium works brilliantly too.

dawson

@nixie – which version of Mudhugger did you use? Is your Longitude fork for 100mm width?

I have Kona P2 fork (100mm) – just wondering if a Mudhugger will fit

(sorry for the hijack)

nixie

@dawson it’s was a boost (110mm) spaced fork though can’t see any reason the same wouldn’t work in a 100mm fork. I had a 3″ tyre fitted. It was a mudhugger fr.

I also tried one of the basic flat plastic guards meant for a fat bike but that moved too much.

stayhigh

Finding myself the same boat I went with a Crud XL Fender which fits my Planet X carbon 29 fork perfectly. It attaches via O Rings so takes no time to take on and off and has a soft section that bridgesthe gap underneath the fork crown.

dawson

@nixie – thanks

ajantom

@ogri

I was quite pleased with it myself 😁

It’s useful stuff, sticky backed velcro, used it for loads of things on my bikes….

Alongside mudguards, I’ve used it for attaching remote light switches; stopping chain noise on the full sus seat stay; making bike bags more secure and less prone to rubbing; crank protection (just the fluffy side); + others.

ogri
    Free Member

^
    I’ll have to get some more for my cranks,the clear stuff is looking crap.Scrounged just enough to do the fork.Cheers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Mudguard for rigid fork?’ is closed to new replies.