• This topic has 66 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by m0rk.
Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • MTB Olympics this weekend – who's going?
  • GavinB

Yup, we’ll be there on Sunday.

Zoolander
    Free Member

I’ll be there with mrs Zoolander. Her folks live in Rayleigh – which is rather handy.

djc1245
    Free Member

4 of us going on the Sunday. What’s the difference between the £20 and £45 tickets? What extra do you get for the £25? It’s not as though there is a stadium there

riverdog
    Free Member

I have a spare £45 ticket (face value) for Mens race on Sunday,now the other half has decided not to go at the last minute! I think the £45 ticket gives you access to different areas and the area for the medal presentation at the end, but please don’t quote me on that.

mail me on akdmurrell@gmail.com I live 10 mins from J18 M1 or J1 M6,

strike
    Free Member

Riverdog – YGM!

riverdog
    Free Member

Thanks to everyone who got in contact, the ticket has now gone to a good home.

hammerite
    Free Member

4 of us going tomorrow. The inspiring a generation thing is interesting, as my nephew has decided at the very last minute that he doesn’t want to go, so we’re taking my Dad. I think we might end up inspiring the wrong generation.

My Mum is quite relieved though as my Dad has wanted to see some of the Olympics live and was going to drag my Mum out to go and watch the marathon.

ampthill

Off tomorrow for the women’s event. Looking forward to it, O hope its not to crowded and that we can get to see the technical bits.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Why did no one raise this earlier?

chipps – I work here
    Apologies if someone’s started a similar thread, but I couldn’t see one.

Search function would have shown that many had. Notably this one;

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hadleigh-farm-roll-call

😉

disben

4 tickets for sunday!
    Can those that go tomorrow post up how it goes (ie walking / bus from the station etc) to help us out on sunday! How long security takes / where is best to view / what the benefit is of the £45 tickets….?
    Cheers!

landcruiser
    Free Member

Going Sunday 😀 Looking forward to it….Here’s hoping for good weather !

Free Member

It’ll be shite.

landcruiser
    Free Member

That’s the spirit !

bol

There tomorrow with my 12 year old daughter, who is feigning enthusiasm for her old man’s sake. Can’t wait. Unlikely to persuade her we should stay on for beer unfortunately.

hodge

Whoop whoop been there since Tuesday helping out!

ampthill

I’ll post what I can…..

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

4 of us tomorrow. Woop woop

ampthill

Advice for Sunday…..

Water was the only low point. Long ques for slow taps. We bought 5 500 ml bottles and filled 2 1 litre which did 4 of us, just. Catering is pricey we mainly ate what we took.

Everything else was great or better. Loved the venue. The best spot is probably above triple trouble but you’d need to bag a spot early.

We were between leap of faith and the rock garden and could see about 1/3 of a lap. Walking around was fine my son and I wandered over to the berms and back and got good views of the riders each lap. Only a few places wwas it hard to get a sopt next to a fence

Great racing and the course looked way better than in the videos….

Evesie
    Free Member

Water is available at several points- make it the first thing you do but don’t Q at the first point- we waited max 5 mins at the second one.
    Sorry, no difference between the two prices of tickets, just a larger donation to LOCOG.
    Walking from the station at Leigh is easy, also bike park at the bottom of Castle hill- plenty of room and a little bit of off-roading to get there-then walk up the hill.
    Course is unfortunately flat and boring, you don’t really want to waste your time going and I will take the ticket off your hands- just mail me

ampthill

Course is unfortunately flat and boring, you don’t really want to waste your time going and I will take the ticket off your hands- just mail me

or me….

m0rk
    Free Member

Bummer about the bigger ticket price….. oh well.

How far do you have to walk from the bus to the venue? My wife’s just got cold feet about tomorrow if there’s a lot of walking

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

No need to walk far at all – masses of shuttle buses and not long queue. Optional walk across the fields a pleasant 30-40 mins.

If you work your way around the numbered course crossing points in order you can see the whole course during the race. Maybe don’t start at 1 since others may have the same idea. Great course for spectators.

Evesie
    Free Member

mOrk, walk from bus is at least 45 mins, up hill (about 1 in 4)

Where shall I meet you for her ticket?- and yours as well if it’s too much for you as well (as Mrs Eves wants a ticket too)

m0rk
    Free Member

LOL

Thanks guys 🙂

That said, she’s not twigged the 6am wake up call yet, so all bets might be off still

Evesie
    Free Member

I might just try lurking near the entrance queue with a “Ticket wanted” sign – give me a hello if you see me…

aP
    Free Member

Just finished breakfast, having a walk along the beach before packing and cycling along the coast to the bike park. Yesterday we rode with the 2 USA ladies and a Czech lady into Leigh. Should be fun.

m0rk
    Free Member

I felt guilty walking past the people wanting tickets 🙁 but it’s ace inside, way better than videos and pictures show

Water seems popular today. Found a third queue and joined it.

Could murder a beer :p

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘MTB Olympics this weekend – who's going?’ is closed to new replies.