Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mtb in Cyprus….worth taking the bike out there?
  • calv145
    Free Member

I’m going away to Cyprus next year, staying near Paphos.  I want to take my mtb out with me.  Is it worth it?  In theory there is a lot to ride there but not sure how easy it would be to find.

thepurist

Talk to Paul at http://www.akamas-mountainbike-tours.com/ – he’s got a fleet of well maintained Whyte T130s if you want to hire rather than take your own, and will guide you or share routes.

somouk
    Free Member

Great link to that provider, I go in and out of Cyprus a fair bit so may call on them to see if I can hire a bike one of the times!

calv145
    Free Member

Thanks for the link.  I’ll have a look.

stoddys
    Free Member

Lived there for 10 years, yes it’s great for mtb’ing

like above best to get local knowledge, I had some nice 20mile loops from Paphos for a quick spin.

watch out for devil thorns, thorny things like pickup jacks. There the reason I went tubeless.

‘Don’t bother if it’s july or August taking your own bike, there is no chance you can ride days in a row, it just too hot, Best hire individual days.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Another heads up for Paul at Akamas Mountain Bike Tours, I had two guided rides with him on my holiday in Cyprus this year & they were fantastic, he really knows the area & he’s as fit as 2 x butchers dogs 🙂

Top fleet of Whyte bikes & he can’t do enough to make your day great, I was based at Polis in the North & he picked me up from my hotel no problem 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mtb in Cyprus….worth taking the bike out there?’ is closed to new replies.