Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • MS Teams files vanished from Shared Libraries in One Drive
  • beamers

Afternoon all

A conundrum for the O365 Ninjas if I may.

My team has been successfully accessing shared folders stored on MS Teams (SharePoint) via the shared libraries section on OneDrive, via tablet and smartphone, for the last couple of years. OneDrive allows them to sync the files and store them offline so they can be accessed when out of mobile signal.

For some unfathomable reason some of the team members can no longer see the contents of the top level folder, yet other team members can as before. All members can still access all of the folders / files via the Teams App on the mobile devices and via OneDrive on laptop for those who have them, it just seems to be some people having an issue with the mobile version of OneDrive. I don’t think it has anything to do with folder permissions.

All team members have the same tablets, Samsung Galaxy Tab S4.

Multiple members of our IT department have tried to come up with a fix. Their solution – “You need a new tablet”. I’m not sure that’s going to work though as the problem exists on both phone and tablet for the affected users.

Anyone have any ideas?

(We’ve tried switching the tablet off and back on again, uninstalling the OneDrive updates and re-installing them again. Removing the affected user from the group and adding them back in again. No change.)

leffeboy

I’ve had a few people have problems with OneDrive to SharePoint over the last few months (with laptops) especially where there are a lot of files (over 200k in one case).  The solution was first to ‘free up space’ on OneDrive to make sure files were no longer on the machines, then stop syncing the SharePoint space, then delete the folder on the laptops (don’t know how that works on a tablet), then start syncing again.  Always a real pita but it worked

leffeboy

Edit: I see you’ve uninstalled OneDrive which is an even more agressive version of what I did. I hate OneDrive when it stops working but while it does it is magical

jimmy

Have you uninstalled OneDrive or just the updates?

uninstalling the OneDrive updates and re-installing them again

I ha some oddities with OneDrive recently – just cleared the App cache and data and it kicked back in.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

The folder names that can’t be seen on mobile, are the names longer than the folders they can see? Iirc there is something about file name length causing issues years back (not related to mobile though iirc). I lost one specific file that was never recovered.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘MS Teams files vanished from Shared Libraries in One Drive’ is closed to new replies.