• This topic has 45 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by chomp.
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Moving to Wisbech or its environs, what’s it like?
  • scud
    Free Member

What about coming the other way, somewhere like Bury St Edmunds, says it is 28 miles and 43 minutes from Cambridge, from the times i’ve visited there from where i live in Norfolk it seems OK, not sure what house prices are like in surrounding area?

Some good riding, Maglia Rossa cycle cafe, easy riding up to Thetford etc?

strike
    Free Member

It’s a small, rural town and is what it is. It has it’s issues which are no doubt mirrored in countless other places in the UK – some of the comments above are the normal rubbish which people repeat 2nd-hand, having no personal experience. Prices are cheaper and not everyone has Ely-area budgets (a place where property prices have spiraled over the past 20years with all the normal patterns of what comes with rising prices). Yes there’s crime there but tbh a lot of it is actually within the E.European community and it’s not, selflishy, going to effect you in general. For every place someone hates there’s another person who loves it. Go and take a look, see what you think, have a drive around and then go from there.

dienamic

As said, I’d avoid anywhere near the centre of Wisbech. My sister’s lived around there for a few years. March isn’t bad, nice enough town centre, train station etc. She just moved to Wimblington which looked half decent when we visited a few weeks ago. You can give up any idea of mountain biking though. I went out on a 25 mile ride and my max elevation was under 20 foot…

rhinofive

don’t waste your time looking at crime stats, house prices or google maps, just google image search ‘Whittlesea Straw Bear’ or look at this for an idea of what it might be like to live in the fens

#HelloDave

Sandwich

Wowsers, Wisbech sounds rather unique…!!!

I think you meant to say special, as in needs!

chomp
    Free Member

Please don’t – I grew up there and it was boring in the 80’s/90,s. Since I escaped I only go back to visit parents (who live in one of the surrounding villages) and it’s gone downhill. It was always pretty racist but nothing like what it is today. Too many people moaning about immigration and how the foreigners have ruined everything.

It’s a proper dive, I went into town last month for the first time in about 6 years and it was still a dump.

Don’t say you haven’t been warned!!! Th

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Moving to Wisbech or its environs, what’s it like?’ is closed to new replies.