Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • mountain biking around Sydney OZ
  • andykentos
    Free Member

Hi

Does anyone know of much good biking around Sydney?  I am thinking of going there in November and spending a few weeks there visiting friends and then heading over to Queenstown for a few weeks as well to see some more mates.

Had a look on google, a lot of the stuff i found looks quite wide bridleways although maybe thats just the perspective in the photo.

I am looking for more technical singletrail if possible.  Failing that i guess it will just be save the bike for NZ and chill out on the beach!!

Thanks in advance

kiwijohn

Get a return ticket to Tassie.

andykentos
    Free Member

Yeah trouble is i am flying to Sydney to see friends and want to try and combine some half decent mountain biking, don’t really want to just turn up say hi and then do one!!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Take a weekend in tassie.

After that up the coast to awabba and ohrimba (spellings wrong) or up into the blue  mountains check out trailforks

aphex_2k
    Free Member

It’s a 2 hour flight to Tassie mate. If you’re in Sydney for a few weeks it’s totally do-able.

Just had some mates go over (from Perth) and totally loved it. One of the trails they spoke about had a 20 min descent. You’ve got the EWS trails. Looks awesome. Big hills and downhills are thin on the ground over on the West Coast.

Check out Maydena Park

zippykona

Unless it’s changed there’s not really anything til the Blue Mountains.

You can catch a train to the top of The Oaks Fire trail and get the train home from the station at the bottom.

Ask on Rotorburns my knowledge is relevant to1988.

https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?forums/new-south-wales.41/

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Then maydena after that

Mackem

Royal National park near Sutherland.

Best bits are cheeky but a ranger there told me that if I didnt hoon around annoying walkers they’d turn a blind eye.

stevied
    Free Member

There was loads of stuff in Sydney when I was there.

Manly Dam, Oxford Falls are a couple that spring to mind.

munrobiker
    Free Member

There is a pretty pleasant trail around Manly Dam, which is on the trailforks link above. It’s sort of a trail centre but uses existing tracks for the most part. It’s a fun day out as a whole – you get the ferry from the middle of Sydney to Manly Cove, then ride through the suburbs of Manly to get to the trail. The ferry takes a while but is a fantastic way to see the Harbour Bridge, Opera House and the harbour.

<span style=”font-size: 12.8px;”>https://www.northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/recreation-area/manly-dam-mountain-biking</span&gt;

You can get out to the Blue Mountains too, which will be a full day out on the train. Watch for snakes!

andykentos
    Free Member

Derby does look pretty sweet i have to say, whats the airport near Derby, and how easy is it to find the trails?

Thanks again

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Launceston trails are all mapped and  signed it’s a trail centre  Take a look at https://www.vertigomtb.com.au/

You want to book tier plus atlas one day and 3x Black stump the next, and do the lap out for troutie. That covers most of the best stuff

RustyNissanPrairie

re-enact the opening scene from BMX Bandits like me, my bro and Mrs RNP did (my bro lives in Sydney). Filmed in Manly.
    Otherwise Blue Mountains, plenty of decent BMX tracks or hooning around on Sydney bike paths.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘mountain biking around Sydney OZ’ is closed to new replies.