Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mountain bike leader courses
  • TheDoctor
    Free Member

As there seem to be many guides and people involved what leader courses would you recommend? I have been asked to organise some training for my club, mostly for uk stuff but personally Id be interested in stuff recognised elsewhere as well!

Graham_Clark

Cycling UK, British Cycling, MIAS – all have their own pro’s and con’s. Look into each and decide the one that’s right for you.

lapierrelady

I think all the leadership courses have been amalgamated under BC as MBLA awards- there’s a list of courses on the BC website. I would recommend Al Seaton, who I did my training with, good banter and very thorough!

Trekster

Speak to http://www.cyclewise.co.uk/2837/british-cycling-level-2-mountain-bike-leader.aspx for the latest in qualifications, they helped develop the new BC replacement for (S)MBLA certs…… 💡

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Thanks all!

gastromonkey
    Free Member

I’ve not been on a Cyclewise course but they seem to know what they’re doing. Nice people too.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Done the MIAS one, was good but make sure you have some remote cycling experience for level 2……Caused a hick up for us.

Cheers, Steve

benpinnick

You might want to check this out: http://enduro-mtb.com/en/becoming-a-guide/

As you may guess from the instructors t-shirt, he’s a friend of mine 😉

Andy from Setchfield Cycles is a great bloke, and runs top courses I hear. I will be doing mine soon enough.

onehundredthidiot

Did my level2 with cyclewise. Good stuff. Straight from the horses mouth as rich Martin worked closely with BC to develop the ticket.

plecostomus
    Free Member

Take a look at ththe remit for each qualification from the separate companies that award it. The British cycling one is the most up to date course and gives a better remit for where you can take riders. The mias one is quite poor for this. Limitations on height etc. In my opinion the British cycling one is the best.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mountain bike leader courses’ is closed to new replies.