Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • Motorhome/caravan/trailer tent
  • Tracey

Just parked up with the van at Coniston. Parked in line with the marker so will see if anything is said about the continental door.
    First impressions are that most vans and caravans have ignored the markers so that they can pitch their awnings.

jp-t853

Mission creep – I’m now thinking Elddis Xplore 304 might be a better van for 2+ 2 tiddlers holidays. Although bigger than the Kip I’m now thinking a washroom may be useful to open up to cheaper and toilet less sites whose owners have less OCD.

The 304 is a great van but kids do grow out of the top bunk very quickly, they are usually very narrow and confined. We have had an Adria Altea 390 which is very similar size and weight and our daughter stopped using the top bunk at around 7/8 years old. If you had one kid I would say it was a great idea with two maybe an Adria Eden is closer to your needs but it is heavier and bigger. The Knaus Travelino is amzingly spacious and light 750 – 900 Kg for a decent sized fur berth but there are not many around and prices are quite high.

In defence of the Caravan and Motorhome club the CL’s are great and it is really worth having a toilet to be able to use them. They changed the name to capture some of the booming motorhome market. The peg thing is pretty simple whichever way round you pitch the van you have it just to the right side of the peg as you face the pitch and it means everyone is nicely spaced and has plenty of room. They are generally very easy going wardens in my opinion. In less pc times we used to call the camping and caravan club the ‘nazi sites’ they are far more particular about where and how you pitch.

wwaswas

In less pc times we used to call the camping and caravan club the ‘nazi sites’

Although they’re very much AltRight of the peg now.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ooh that is a nice layout

Only downer I can think of with that Xplore 304 is that the seats don’t face each other so you can’t slouch with your feet on the other side, which is by far the most comfortable way to sit.

In defence of the Caravan and Motorhome club the CL’s are great and it is really worth having a toilet to be able to use them.

Many CLs have toilets and hookups (most, even?) and sometimes showers too.

TheDTs
    Free Member

The largest stack of newspapers in the back of the shop car that comes around in the morning in any “club” site will always be the Mail. Also interested in the CL sites.

jp-t853

Many CLs have toilets and hookups (most, even?) and sometimes showers too.

I would be surprised if 5% of CL’s had toilets, certainly in The north and Scotland where we use them. Most do have hook ups. I have never stayed on one with a shower but they do exist

lowey

@Tracey Park Coppice ?

Last few times I’ve been there I’ve never had any problems and didnt really take much notice of the rules re the pegs.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Hmmm I started off thinking i’d like a T5 pop top, somewhere for everyone to crash and cook a basic meal.

Then thought I may as well tow something rather than have to drive a van all the time.

But then you may as well get a bigger caravan with mod cons = same maintenance = same site fee as a small van, but more effort to get it out and clean it etc, maybe have to pay to store it if not enough room.

Maybe I should stick to a small van and trade up if needed in a few years. But then clever small vans are pricey.

trail_rat
    Free Member

The van makes more sense than you think.

We quite often use it for days out where we can come back from our activity and be able to make coffee , get changed ,get warm , use the toilet.(where often there are zero facility’s)

We would never think of towing a caravan to linn of Dee for example for such a purpose.

I’d say our camper is used 50/50 night away from home /days out.

molgrips
    Free Member

I would be surprised if 5% of CL’s had toilets

Easily 50% in my experience of Wales and the South. The one we just stayed in did.

We would never think of towing a caravan to linn of Dee for example for such a purpose.

No, campervans are ideal for that use case – tools for jobs.

Tracey

Yes thats the one. Come up to do a bit of mid week biking and walking. Looks to be a busy site and going to get busier. Dont usually do busy but it central to where we want to be

kittyr
    Free Member

I’m currently lusting after some Globecars

The concorde comact has a super big bed and probably enough room to move around underneath it if you get up/got to bed at different times. Really very high though but if you’re over 2m anyway does it really matter if you go over 3m? I don’t know the answer to this and neigh barrier restrictions.
    https://www.signaturemotorhomes.co.uk/globecar/hline/concorde-compact

The Globecar Globestar 600 L looks pretty good too – except not sure about having the shower/toilet positioned like that.

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes/for-sale/motorhomes/globecar-globestar-600-l-/993610

My camper van requirements:
    – Fixed bed.
    – BIG bed – needs to be min 2m long, and preferable not have a fixed ‘end’ against it so boyfriends feet can hang off the end. He sleeps long.
    – Toilet + shower
    – Seating area separate to the fixed bed (can be v small) because I usually get up much earlier than partner and could be nice to be able to make a cup of coffee and sit with a book.
    – Just about small enough to be my only vehicle

jp-t853

Kittyr have you seen the smallest Adria Matrix vans link below. Bit bigger than your selection but maybe manageable

Adria Matrix Axess

Tiger6791

The Concept Trailer is action and proving itself worthy once again.

So much easier than a tent allowing us a couple of 1 night’ers before trucking on.

Concept Trailer

daftvader
    Free Member

Well it has been decided… The Boss has put the deposit down on the Bailey Phoenix 642…. now it’s my turn to find a car for towing the bugger! Test drove a 520d the other day, hopefully getting in an XC60 today and booked a mondeo tomorrow….

kittyr
    Free Member

The Boss has put the deposit down on the Bailey Phoenix 642….

Exciting!

daftvader
    Free Member

@kittyr indeed!!! I haven’t had a new (to me) car in 10 years!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

hopefully getting in an XC60 today and booked a mondeo tomorrow….

The XC60 gets good towing reviews, let us know what It’s like to drive solo.
    Our towcar is a 13 plate Xtrail, the 170bhp one. It’s a bit ‘agricultural’ but tows really well with the added bonus of having basic offroad capability.

daftvader
    Free Member

@esselgruntfuttock we looked at a 67 plate trail, I liked it but the boss didn’t, plus it’s only a 1.6 engine in a massive car so I didn’t think it would have the power. I REALLY liked the 520d but won’t make a decision till I’ve driven everything I can.

Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Motorhome/caravan/trailer tent’ is closed to new replies.