Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Motorcyclists… Visor advice for beginner
  • waihiboy
    Free Member

Been commuting now for about 5 months on the 125 and loving it.

had a new helmet for Christmas ‘Arai Condor’ but it fogs up really bad..

anyway spotted this visor on ebay, is it legal or should i just stick to the normal ‘clear’ one? i like the idea of it as i’ve tried to wear sunglasses but they fog up aswell

Cheers

waihiboy
    Free Member

balls

visor

dave_aber
    Free Member

Find some Bob Heath spray. Works a treat.

The stick-on “double glazing” things work well too – but you need to take care sticking them in.

Marge
    Free Member

I commute with an Arai RX7RR4 (catchy name :)) and generally don’t suffer with fogging.
    I’ve seen those ‘double glazed’ visor inserts but never found fogging a consistent issue.
    Where does your helmet live normally? Is it left in the cold overnight as this doesn’t help.
    Also does your collar release warm air from your clothing straight into your helmet opening?

Did you have no similar probs with your previous lid?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The only thing that WILL WORK is someting like a Fog City or a Pinlock insert. Forget sprays and all that guff. They aren’t cheap, but worth every penny. I usually get the shop to fit mine, they don’t mind.

I seriously wouldn’t have a visor without one fitted, and Shoeis come with a Pinlock fitted now.

waihiboy
    Free Member

my previous helmet was my brothers fancy £500 quid Arai racing one WITH a fogcity insert and it never fogged up.

my helmet has the pinlock thingydoodaas, i quite fancy the light sensitive one.

juan
    Free Member

What peter says…
    But with a french touch 😉

solamanda
    Free Member

Your Arai Condor should have come with a pinlock insert. Otherwise it should have the mounting points to fit one, two small plastic ‘screws’ on the visor. It works a treat, I highly recommend the light sensitive one. They’re easy to fit, take off the visor, bend it ‘flater’, attach the insert and away you go.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Fog City – They stick on and work very well, but can be tricky to install (You only get one chance) I’ve used them on various Arais for years, and I used to ride all through the winter

http://www.phoenixnw.co.uk/fogcity.html

Pinlock – Just clips in but you need to have the pins alrady in your visor for it to clip to (I think you can install your own though) They are removeable/interchangeable which is handy. My new lid is a Shoei XR1000 which came with one supplied. It seems to work the same as a Fog City, but I’ve not used it in foul weather yet (Fair weather biker these days!)

http://www.phoenixnw.co.uk/pinlock.html

Actually, looking at it now, they don’t seem too expensive. 🙂

freddyg
    Free Member

If you’ve already got the pinlock posts, an insert should be had for about £10 – £15.

I have a fog city jobbie in my Shoei and a pinlock thing in my Arai. Both are excellent; I ride all year in all weathers – apart from a couple of weeks ago when I couldn’t get the bike out of the village!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bob heath visor spray does work – and work very well. Only 20yrs experience of using it commuting in all weathers

The inserts work very well as well

conkerman
    Free Member

I use a Fog city photochromatic pinlock in my shoei.

It rocks.

Turns a nice light blue shade in bright sunlight.

The fog city inserts actially glue onto the visor, the standard Shoei pinlock has a rubber sealing bead.

Conks

MrTall
    Free Member

Another shout for Pinlock, although mine (Shoei) is now starting to fog slightly at the bottom. 10 seconds with the visor 5mm open defogs it though. Used it for nearly 2 years now and it’s been great generally.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Motorcyclists… Visor advice for beginner’ is closed to new replies.