Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • most expensive wellies ever!!
  • wormhole

so i said to her, I need some new wellies! Cant believe I ended up spending £300 on a pair! an investment they told me? have to say they are nice.

[/url]

uplink
    Free Member

sense, money, more

alwyn
    Free Member

Just buy £15 ones and replace then when they get crappy with more £15 ones.

trailmonkey

there are some things where spending more money, drastically improves the experience of the consumer, a £2000 bike versus a £99 supermarket job for example. However, a pair of welliegogs…………………….. ❓

crikey
    Free Member

http://www.dubarry.com/style.cfm?product=3898

Dubarry are presumably psychic; they saw you coming….

yetidave
    Free Member

http://www.dubarry.com/style.cfm?product=3864

I have a pair of these. If you spend all day, for several days at a time in a pair then its worthwhile, if you spend 10 mins in them, then spend £10.

swamp_boy

They look very nice, but £300???

£30 pair of leather rigger boots from Mole Valley Farmers works for me. Keep my feet warm all day, don't get clammy like rubber wellies and a good coat of Nikwax / dubbin / goose fat keep them waterproof.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Dubarry aren't bad, but Le Chameau are my pick.

crikey
    Free Member

Presumably those fellas who work in sewage tunnels all wear these?
    Or are they just another way of suggesting 'I'm considerably richer than yow'?

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Don't get wellies at all.
    I absolutely HATE them.
    They feel shite, they look shite… 8)

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Anyone saying 'buy 15 quid ones' has never had to wear a pair for long periods of time. Saying that, even for continuous daily use I reckon a pair of le chameau do the job nicely.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Worn wellies for weeks/month working on farms does that count?
    Would get £15 ones as they are just wellies FFS you will trample through mud and sh1t and want to be dry at the end of it.
    You cant even slip those ones on and off can you?More country chic /landed gentry than practical IMHO.
    PS TROLL?

avdave2

If it requires wellies I just get a peasant to do it for me.

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

Thanks Wormhole. I have been looking for a decent pair of Walking Wellies and no Captain both Le Chameau andHunter are very poor indeed for the money, as the soles crack and let the water in!

If they are good they are worth the money, if they are rubbish then they are worth nothing. Just because things are cheap does not mean they are worth buying.

Alwyn, you typify the reckless throwaway society that is ruining the planet. Thanks for your thoughtless comments.

clunker

Poser! what a waste of money to get covered in sh@t an investment they said 😆

crikey
    Free Member

300 quid wellies are doing the planet a favour?
    Sorry, but that makes me laugh in a most common way.

Kuco

I can wear wellies all day also chainsaw ones as well I find having a decent sock on makes a big difference. Are work wellies are just bog standard steel toe cap jobbies.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Get Muck Boots.

Excellent quality, very comfy and not silly priced.

Smarty
    Free Member

Aigle for me 🙂

Leigh
    Free Member

My Girlfriend wants a set for christmas to go to her horse in….. hmmm bike bits or wellies…

couldgetacarforthat
    Free Member

Don't believe a word of this £15 rubbish.

I have a pair of Hunters bought last year for about £100 quid. They are fantastic and right now are paying for themselves nicely.

bruneep
    aviemoron
    Free Member

I've been using a pair of Le Chameau wellies for 3 years now with no probs. I walk a fair way in wet ground in mine and always been comfy, grippy and warm (neoprene ones) most of the Upland path builders I know up here in the Highlands wear them when wellies are needed. Couple of hundred quid, but it's deemed as PPE and goes through the books.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘most expensive wellies ever!!’ is closed to new replies.