Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Most common mtb seen in your local area??
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Small hardcore (cough) group I rideout with have rigid 29ers SS and with one lad on a Ridley Crosbow. The group that i occasionally ride with tend to have 2yr old Trek HT’s etc..

colournoise

Simon – Member
    On our ride last night we had a Prophet, Five, Stumpy FSR, Intense 5.5, 456 Summer Season, NP Mega, Trance and Camber.

Our motley (and pretty sweaty) crew last night was a BFe, a Rocky Mountain Slayer, a Meta, a Dawg, a Giant FS thing, a LaPierre of some sort and a Whyte hardtail.

ragger
    Free Member

The tweed valley is full of orange Fives/Alpines

stewartc
    Free Member

Seems to very eclectic in HK but I would say a lot of Santa Cruz and Yetis.

aazlad
    Free Member

Fives, Alpines, Patriots, SC Bullets. Occasional Ellsworth and Nicolai. Don’t know anyone with a trek, spesh or canyon. All 26ers! We don’t like change ’round ‘ere.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

fairly even but Rocky Mountain is peaking a bit – my mate has sold a lot this year. After that it’s the masses of Spec/Giant with Trek and Avanti thrown in there. SC is more common down hobart way but still a few about.

I have not seen an orange 5 in 18 months now.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Sarcinz

and tards on Giant 29ers……..and attention seeking cock riders on Jones bikes

JoeG
    Free Member

Probably Trek (now incl Gary Fisher), Specialized, and maybe Cannondale.

b45her
    Free Member

lots of lapierre zesty’s around my neck of the woods.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Nothing specific. Because Box is a main seller of Intense, there is a concentration of Intenses here but overall it’s really mixed.

ianv
    Free Member

Demo 8 seems to be the go to bike in Andorra.

mt
    Free Member

“and tards on Giant 29ers……..and attention seeking cock riders on Jones bikes”

Envy is such difficult issue to deal with.

Tom-B
    Free Member

🙂 I’ve got a Trance x29er….as for Jones riders, well what can I say!

composite
    Free Member

Giants or Specialized in the midlands.

andytherocketeer

Mostly BSOs and rebadged generic Taiwanese produce.

For “proper” MTBs, a few Canyons, then mostly Spesh.

From the forums, but I’ve only spotted 3 so far… Cotic (Seems to be some kind of Cotic following in Germany, and most/many on the forums seem to be around here)

rocketman
    Free Member

Blue-and-white Giant hire bikes at Cannock, white-and-red Specialized Hardrocks with red wheels, Cubes, On-Ones, Oranges and a surprising amount of retro 90s throwback bikes with Judys and v-brakes etc.

julianwilson
    Free Member

We have one of them there specialized concept stores near us, and unsurprisingly there are loads of specialized in xc places. I once encountered a group of 8 riders in my local woods, all of whom were on different and varying-spec but current-or-previous year specialized. Group road rides start at my local b&q, and when i was there the other day, a group of 20 roadies set off, I counted 11 specialized amongst them. 😯

Also increasing volumes of mondraker and lapierre on dh trails.

gordimhor

Dawes xc1 8 . ….mine 🙂

jimster
    Free Member

Malvern’s seem to be Giant, Spesh, Trek and On-One.

Malvern’s answer to Rick Wakeman perusing his Bentley’s – Stoner deciding which On-One to ride. 😀

Toying with having a word at Malvern Cycles to try a BH Lynx.

andytherocketeer

I think what might be more interesting is what I don’t see.

You’d think that of those popular German brands, you’d see them all the time on the trails in Germany. Seen very few Cubes, no Nicolai, 1 Liteville, the occasional Bergamont or Stevens, Canyon from time to time (but nowhere near as many as you’d expect), never seen a YT ever.

For the local store’s own re-branded bikes, see plenty of road bikes, and HT used as commuters, but never seen one on a trail (except mine which has a different brand name on but is the same frame)

_tom_
    Free Member

Specialized or Giant cheap hardtails normally.

At Woburn there seems to be loads of Kona riders as well.

mattjg
    Free Member

I used to think “Surrey Hills Orange 5 middle aged tummy band accountants” was a tired cliché until I rode through Walking Bottom on a recent Sunday morning. And there are a lot of Santa Cruz amongst that demographic as a dealer sprung up to mine that affluent seam a few years ago.

Amongst my riding crew there are a few On Ones and the rest is very varied – Canfield, Singular, Rocky Mountain, Kona, Kinesis, Nukeproof, Niner, Santa Cruz, Trek, one 5 (not ridden by a fat accountant), Lynskey, Yeti, one bloke who build his bikes via Ebay so rarely rides the same rig twice. Nothing dominates and we can mostly build our own bikes so not restricted to what the LBS is hawking.

rickt
    Free Member

you know…. the common bikes are the best 🙂

stevego
    Free Member

Giants and Rocky Mountains here (the local shop is a rocky dealer and lots of the locals either ride with the owner or have ridden with him.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The thing that strikes me is the constant variety of bikes. I also wonder where the giant bikes are – sell out quickly and yet I hardly ever see one on the trails. I missed this years trance 29 ers but have never seen one on the trails!!!!

jedi

the most popular brand of people i coach is trek, by far but i never see one locally when i’m riding.
    herts shore is nowdays a transition fest since i ride one 🙂

Euro
    Free Member

Locally, it’s just me and my Stumpy Evo, 456 SS and DMR Drone.

With the group it’s either the 456 SS, 2 Ragley Baggers and a Blue Pig or if it’s a Specialized Big Bike Day: The Stumpy, a Pitch, a Bighit and a Demo.

GHill

Wide variety on display at Mugdock and surrounding area. Santa Cruz Heckler might be the most common, at least of those that I pay attention to.

LenHankie

Surrey Hills: I’d say Santa Cruz, Turners, Lapierre. I ride a Five but, contrary to popular belief, I never notice many others. My group: Five, Prophet, Heckler, Marin Attack Trail.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Always lots of Treks and Oranges in the Purbecks thanks to Ride Cycleworks locality and the effort Rich and the boys put in organising group rides.
    Plenty of Spesh and Cannondale too with Primera being local.

I go past the Dorset Rough Rider guys meet up on my way to running training Wednesdays and there seems to be a fair bit of SS and niche stuff being ridden by some of those lot these days.

yunki
    Free Member

GT and Carerra

slowboydickie

Saw four blokes on fives outside the plough in coldhabour in Surrey hills. Saw a fifth going past cricket pitch riding with saddle v low DH style with all pads and a full face hanging off his bar. Obviously shredding the local gnarr. 🙂

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Most common mtb seen in your local area??’ is closed to new replies.