Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Morvelo cycling kit – experiences?
  • makeitorange
    Free Member

Need to get some new bib shorts and maybe a jersey, would like to support Morvelo as they are a local company but just wanted to check people’s experiences of how they hold up over time and compare to more mainstream brands?

Steelsreal

got some dark star bib shorts made by morvelo and they are very comfy, and seem like good quality too..

nice pad, far better than my endura ones in my opinion…

spicypedro
    Free Member

I’ve been wearing Morvelo bib shorts on and off road this year and they’re honestly the best bib shorts I’ve ever owned (which either says they’re very good or I’ve only ever bought crap bibs before).

I’ve got a Morvelo jersey too which I’m wearing on the road. It’s very nice and a great fit but quite lightweight. I’ll probably be switching back to my Torm jersey by the end of the summer as it gets a little chillier.

rewski
    Free Member

don’t know about there bib shorts but there tech t-shirts are very good, nice graphics too. I’m a local too.

You best get a kenesis bike to go with them though 😉

scud
    Free Member

I’ve some of their bib shorts and a jersey.

Very comfy chamois in the shorts, they too tend towards italian sizing though i find, so you may need to size up.

scud
    Free Member

Mant to say if you this discount code you get 15% off their stuff

MVRE12LVE

RickyRah
    Free Member

It’s nice stuff. It’s just a shame that the prices seem to go up everytime I look at their website.

nickc

I’ve a couple of tees and a nice roadie jersey, quality is good, sizes are roadie snug my M is a medium, if you want a bit of slack order the next size up.

GaryLake
    Free Member

What’s the length like on the bibs? I’m not a fan of the creeping up the quad look – I like knee cap, then short.

scud
    Free Member

The Morvelo bibs i have are the longest leg of any shorts i have

makeitorange
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, decision made! 🙂

c_klein87

they are long legged, but have got shorter, had a pair of each variant they’ve done, very comfy, done multiple 12+ hr races with no issues, all still going strong

Crell
    Free Member

Bibs are excellent. I can’t fault them at all.

Jerseys are comfy, and a good fit for me but…stitching on mine have been poor – back pockets came undone, and they’ve not been stuffed. Also some of the printing on the seams didn’t seem to have worked, so there were bits of white on what should be a black jersey.

Tshirts are good quality.

Hoodies; given what they cost, were really poor quality. I returned mine.

spicypedro
    Free Member

@crell, I really like my Morvelo hoody. Super comfy and despite being worn and washed loads it still looks new. Either I’ve been lucky or you’ve been unlucky.

But it was expensive, I’ll give you that.

johnnystorm

Same Jersey experience as Crell, quality and sturdiness bettered by my Lidl & Monton kit I’m afraid. Feel & fit OK but regular use will kill it off quickly.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Anyone know what the t shirt fit is like?

I’m approx 40″ chest so that would usually place me as a M but I know some brands (mainly fashion wear tbh) have a very skinny fit to em.

Morvelo

Thanks for the comments regarding our clothing. We look to continually improve our products and so feedback is always appreciated.

Glad to hear the positive remarks and that you like what we’re doing. Regarding any quality issues that have mentioned on the jerseys. Sorry to hear the problems encountered, we have sold a lot of these with none of these issues being highlighted so these may be isolated faults, once again apologies.

We’d like to point out that our jersey manufacturer has changed and we now use the same manufacturer as many of the high-end brands & pro-continental teams and have been doing so for the last 18 months. If anyone has ever encountered a problem with any of our clothing then please get in touch with us through our website and we will always try and rectify the problem. As riders ourselves our main aim is to make sure the clothing wears & functions well and we continually develop all our products with this in mind.

Thanks for continuing to support a small independently rider owner company.
    Oli

StefMcDef
    Free Member

^ T-shirt fit quite generous in my experience. I used the sizing guide on their website. I am normally a large but had to send a large back recently for a medium which is a better fit.

rewski
    Free Member

@ Oli – based on the winter we’ve had you thought about some off road waterproof gear, and are there any furher dri-release t-shirt designs in the pipeline?

Morvelo

We have a new range of DriRelease out in September along with a gilet, which is windproof and highly water resistant but not totally waterproof, although does hold off all but the most persistant heavy deluge.

We’re looking into doing jackets and more waterproof clothing but these wouldn’t be available until Autumn Winter next year. Need to give them a good thrashing this winter (summer?) to see if they hold up 🙂

rewski
    Free Member

Cheers, will keep and eye out.

nickc

Like the idea of the gilet.

DT78
    Free Member

I like my jersey, lasted well for a season, may look at the bibs next time I come to replace.

daver27
    Free Member

Casual clothing sizing is (in my experience) based on the short and wide model, not the slimmer figure, so if you normally need a large tshirt or hoody, it will be too short in the arms and body but really baggy.
    definitely try before you buy

vondally
    Free Member

Alas my morvelo sweat shirt was awful, complete rubbish, t shirts good quality but sizing is defo try and see…very weird …love the designs though and race jersey been brilliant, mixed bag really

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Just back from a multiday bikepacking trek up north wearing their 3/4 bibs. They were 100% ace, warm enough, cool enough, dead comfy for days on end. Similar positive experiences with jerseys + gillet.

Morvelo

All the gilets will be having a good dose of Fluro mixed in too but not in a CTC sort of way 🙂

Vondally, was that the Grifter sweatshirt from a while back or the current Bomber one?

Dave27, the tees we changed a while back so not sure if you had the older models? For a while we went back to using a heavier weight tee, a bit more like the old skate tees we used to wear. These we a bit boxy for our liking so we went back to a lighter weight and higher quality combed cotton, and an improved slimmer shape.

Glad everyone loves the shorts! Still use the set I had as a sample four years ago and they’re not see-through yet 🙂
    Oli

lex
    Free Member

I can also vouch for the shorts. I wouldn’t consider anything else pressed against my buttocks when I’m getting a sweat on.

vondally
    Free Member

Oli was a team one blue with red Morvelo logo…….does that help?

daver27
    Free Member

thanks for the feedback, will try for size again in that case, love the designs, just sizing never fitted me!

Janesy
    Free Member

Bibs are good, jersey a bit flappy at the front. Not a great cut. A bloc jersey.
    Can’t ride now as interfers with hrm…. OCD…

banks
    Free Member

Bit annoyed with me bibs, they won’t die and i’d like new ones 😀

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I have 3 Morvelo tops, love ’em.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Morvelo cycling kit – experiences?’ is closed to new replies.