Viewing 4 posts - 241 through 244 (of 244 total)
  • Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing
  • IdleJon

I nearly turned it off after the first 25 mins but it got better.

I think I’d fallen asleep by 25 minutes and found it a little boring, so wasn’t going to watch the rest. I will, now that I’ve read your comment (and others above).

Enjoyed it, but it’s been a very bad year for Christmas specials where everyone pretends it’s December despite the trees being in full leaf. I think it spoils the authenticity of the experience.

Yes, drives me up the wall. It may be a Xmas special, but they don’t need to pretend it’s actually Xmas when it’s obvious that it’s not to anyone who spends any time at all outdoors. Like fishermen, I’d guess? I caught some Xmas special about a zoo a while ago, showing the staff excitedly putting decorations up while zoo visitors were milling about in shorts and t-shirts.

StirlingCrispin

It may be a Xmas special, but they don’t need to pretend it’s actually Xmas

I once excitedly bought tickets for the Central FM Hogmanay Party – thinking I’d solved the what-to-do-at-Hogmanay problem for me and my friends.

Party was recorded in September FFS. Guy at the radio station said it was traditional 😉

I got a refund 🙂

convert

It’d not working for me anymore sadly. Which is gutting as it was a telly highlight in the past.

We’ve gone from heart healthy to not so much (lorne sausage!) and getting old fast. And clearly poorly and tired. It just feels slightly meloncolloy. And the accommodation has gone from quirky and aspirational that they looked thrilled to be in to very decedent and seemingly expected and taken for granted by the pair.

IdleJon

Add a celeb friend or two with very little to bring to the party, and a hilarious shot of Bob falling over…

Viewing 4 posts - 241 through 244 (of 244 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.