Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 244 total)
  • Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing
  • Merak

Utterly charming TV.

There are really poignant moments interspersed with the japery and business of fishing.

I always liked Paul Whitehouse, was never that keen on Bob Mortimer but he seems like a genuinely nice bloke.

slowoldman

It’s a great series and puts me in mind of the mock irritation I used to share with a late friend.

Bob, by the way, is a comic genius. Just naturally funny.

jim25

Great watching them two whiter on about nonsense!

Do a YouTube search for Bob Mortimer best bits on Would I Lie To You, some funny stories there!

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Loved both series so far. Makes facing getting old a little bit easier. Mortimer just cracks me up. Even his silly falls on the river bank make me chuckle. Is there talk of a new series?

Pigface
    Free Member

A really good friend is the the production manager on this, she says that they are a delight to work with.

No word on another series as both are so busy, if they want to do another it is up to them.

beagle
    Free Member

Oh. I understood they are filming season 3?

I’ve downloaded them onto my 76 year old Mum’s iPlayer app. She’s sat in hospital awaiting triple bypass. She had a perplexed look when I described the premise of the show (the same look I used to get when I’d be watching recorded episodes of big night out)

She’s flown through two seasons already and it’s seriously helped her keeping upbeat. Cheers Bob. I’ll buy a cat name from you one day.

timmys

No word on another series as both are so busy, if they want to do another it is up to them.

Eh? Series 3 is complete and out in the summer

Wally

Book is ace too

DezB
    Free Member

Weird innit. Love pretty much everything they’ve both done – except this. Don’t hate it, just found one hour of it enough and would rather watch something else.

DezB
    Free Member

That Tweet/video is genius 😀

lunge

Brilliant show, heart warming you might say.

zippykona

I like Bob’s hat.

jkomo

Favourite TV show, the one on the Usk is where the Greenman festival is held. The most amazing spot.

Merak

I like Bob’s jacket.

Harry_the_Spider

I like Bob’s jacket.

So do I, so much so that I bought one!

funkrodent

I love it. It’s great when you see people who seem funny and approachably normal ‘on TV’ turn out to be funny and approachably normal in real life too. Whilst they’re both inordinately talented individuals, Paul Whitehouse’s abilities as writer, character actor, mimic and comic make him one of the very best of his generation, if not of all time.

As an aside, my uncle used to drink in the same pub in London as Robbie Coltrane, before RC became famous. Said RC was the funniest guy he ever met, so sharp and relentless. Suspect that is very much the case with Paul Whitehouse too

Merak

@Harry_the_Spider

Where’d you get it?🤔

Harry_the_Spider

Where’d you get it?🤔

M65 Field Jacket.

There’s loads online. I paid about £50 for mine, but it hasn’t got the US flag on it.

binners

It’s a little slice of lovliness. When I told Mrs Binners we should watch a programme about 2 blokes fishing she gave me ‘that’ look. But she loved it too.

If you like Bob, his Desert Island Discs is a good listen

beagle
    Free Member

Yes Binners. On a very similar note (but a bit more sweaty) to the Adam Buxton Podcast interview (Ep 74).

northernsoul

In addition to the interesting banter, some of the locations they have visited have been stunning too, and beautifully shot. Makes me long for the days when I had time to just sit and absorb the beauty and tranquility of the countryside.

Spin
    Free Member

Do a YouTube search for Bob Mortimer best bits on Would I Lie To You, some funny stories there!

I nearly pissed myself watching that.

binners

I’ve just ordered an M65 field jacket

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Brilliant series. Mortimer just gets better.

Anyone listened to his Athletico Mince podcasts? Piss funny.

Nonsense Pottery! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but its programming like this that will go if the BBC gets a radical change in funding. Imagine trying to sell the idea to the suits from the commercial ad revenue departments.

Cracking show. One of the few things that reminds me what its like to go fishing with a mate.

martinhutch

I nearly pissed myself watching that.

Just some of my favourite bits of comedy in the past few years.

#snipersdream 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but its programming like this that will go if the BBC gets a radical change in funding. Imagine trying to sell the idea to the suits from the commercial ad revenue departments.

I agree. Can you imagine The Detectorists or anything by James May being commissioned by anyone else?

Harry_the_Spider

Oh yes! Sooo tempted.

We should have a gathering where we all dress up as Bob Mortimer.

kid.a
    Free Member

I love Bob, I think he’s just brilliant!

This show is the best thing on TV. I dare say it gets rubbish viewing figures when compared with more popular sheite. But it’s just so lovely.

This and The Detectorists!

slowoldman

We should have a gathering where we all dress up as Bob Mortimer.

I’m bespectacled. Could I come as Lister?

theotherjonv

I’m bespectacled. Could I come as Lister?

I might have known it would be you.

vickypea
    Free Member

I love it, despite having no interest in fishing whatsoever

richmars

I think these programs are the only ones I’ve watched a number of times, and I’m sure I’ll watch them again. Can’t wait for the next series.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Just watched those ‘Would I Lie To you’ clips.
    He’s a genius storyteller. Absolutely brilliant.
    Anyone know if he’s got an autobiography?

theotherjonv

Those WILTY clips are fantastic but have you seen the Greg Davies / Vegetables one, which almost eclipses them

(or NSFW, Greg Davies and the hearing impaired kids)

scud
    Free Member

They filmed Episode 4 just a few hundred yards from me in Norfolk, and they’ve stayed in same pub here for a new episode for this forthcoming series.

No interest in fishing at all, but love watching it, its gentle humour and two middle-aged blokes talking shite, same reason i think that i love Kermode and Mayo film show and listening to the two Scottish blokes talk cycling on Velocast

somafunk

Bob Mortimer/trainguy on twitter is brilliant and we need more programs such as mortimer & whitehouse gone fishing, ditch the reality show/celebrity guff for the gutter trash that it is.

slowoldman

I might have known it would be you.

Charming!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 244 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.