Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 244 total)
  • Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing
  • timmys

Series 3 starting Sunday 🙂

simondbarnes

Ace!

lister

Yes!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tewit
    Free Member

Brilliaaaant😀

Wally

cooool

sadexpunk

I love it, despite having no interest in fishing whatsoever

was going to ask this. i have no interest in it either, but get the impression i may still like it. loved the detectorists if its comparable…..

ElShalimo

Thanks for the reminder!

@sadexpunk
    – it’s basically two very funny grumpy old men talking bollocks whilst fishing. One of them takes it seriously, the other doesn’t. It’s slow TV probably better serves the Radio4 crowd.

boombang
    Free Member

This thread reminded me to check I had watched series 2. I hadn’t. Last night I watched the lot.

Nothing on TV has ever made me laugh out loud like that, ever. It’s beautiful at the same time too, reminds me of my childhood, and makes me want to take my son fishing.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Well I thought that was the best episode yet. Such compelling viewing in terms of visually and the delightful banter between 2 best friends. First episode in which their relationship has seemed truly genuine.

lairdburkart
    Free Member

Was good as always.My nine year old lad gets it. Makes a change from captain underpants

bubs

Fantastic. Bob just cracks me up.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s tremendous, but that jacket Bob wears is a bit #englishdefenceleague

ElShalimo

I laugh at him driving an Audi A8 but wearing a cheap Peter Storm jacket and that crappy ex-army jacket

richardkennerley

crappy ex-army jacket

I’d never noticed before, but I think it’s actually Ralph Lauren (the name on the chest gives it away!) Might still be crappy, but expensive crappy.

lunge

Truly brilliant TV, perfect Sunday night fare.

MoreCashThanDash

Just starting with series 1 – pleasant way to spend time 👍

roger_mellie

The Ralph Lauren tag is a bit of a piss take I suspect. I don’t remember seeing it on the earlier series.

Bob type jackets: https://www.military1st.co.uk/clothing/jackets-coats/m65?

roger_mellie

Oh, and another lovely episode.

somafunk

Yay!, t’was a brilliant series opener and so chuffed to see bob catch a salmon, i thought he was going to shed a tear.

I laugh at him driving an Audi A8

I thought it was an A6 2.0tdi 15plate (it was in the last series)

derek_starship
    Free Member

Yay!, t’was a brilliant series opener and so chuffed to see bob catch a salmon,

Thanks for the spoiler…

binners

I love my crappy ex-army jacket. Mine definitely isn’t a Ralph Lauren one, but I did buy it on the strength of this series.

As a bloke of a certain age, it looked very practical with lots of pockets for all the pointless stuff I carry around with me 😀

jimmy

Saw it on last night and instead watched from the start on iPlayer. It’s lovely telly, makes me just wanna hang out with a mate just talking rubbish (and maybe fishing, and having a pint).

somafunk

Thanks for the spoiler…

Your welcome, glad to help.

sweepy
    Free Member

Bloke goes fishing- catches fish.
    Not much of a spoiler 🙂

stanfree
    Free Member

Brilliant tv , that stretch of the tweed is about £1200 a day apparently. Bobs reaction when they catch a fish is fantastic.

kerley
    Free Member

enough with the spoilers already

kerley
    Free Member

I love my crappy ex-army jacket. Mine definitely isn’t a Ralph Lauren one, but I did buy it on the strength of this series.

Do it properly if you are going to to do it, yours for £349

Jolsa

£1200 a day? Guess that’s why the chap in the boat was wearing a tie. And awaaaay…

somafunk

enough with the spoilers already

So a thread titled “Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing” cannot have any discussion regarding the program, tell you what…..dont click on the **** title then be upset when folk are discussing it

kerley
    Free Member

It was not a serious comment…

binners

Do it properly if you are going to to do it, yours for £349

I know I’m hardly the target market for Ralph Lauren, but I actually much prefer my 60 quid army surplus one. That looks like you’ve just let a six-year old sew some badges on it

kerley
    Free Member

Could be close to the truth there as probably straight out of a sweatshop ’employing’ kids to sew the badges on.

lunge

Not only is this the finest show on TV at the moment, it has now cost me £60 on an army surplus jacket. Thanks Bob!

grim168
    Free Member

You just need the hat now.

ElShalimo

and some heart-friendly,  healthy food

kilo

They are on Lauren lavernes show this morning on bbc 6, obviously you have to put up with her smug toss but may make it worth it for once.

theotherjonv

Yeah, but what is your favourite jam?

Apricot for me.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

They are on Lauren lavernes show this morning on bbc 6, obviously you have to put up with her smug toss

😮 You are dead to me kilo.

stanfree
    Free Member

Just watched the one on the Tay set in Kenmore. Very poignant when Bob goes to talk to the old guy with cancer. Was actually quite choked at the end.
    Anyone know if Its made by the same production company who do the Coogan / Brydon ‘Trip To’ series. Seems very similiar with cinematography , soundtrack and how beautiful the dialogue is.

colournoise

Different companies according to Wikipedia.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 244 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.