Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 244 total)
  • Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing
  • tenfoot

Re PSA testing for enlarged prostate

(On the last bit, they don’t unless you have symptoms. That’s not good.)

If you’re over 50, you are entitled to a PSA test, so if you’re concerned, don’t let them fob you off. There is a concern over false negatives and false positives though, so worth a quick look at the NHS website to see if it’s for you.

MoreCashThanDash

Earlier this year I phoned the docs as I was having a few problems with my waterworks that were in the prostate warning nature.

Had a blood test within 2 days, appointment with the GP a week later when the results came back for the finger test.

Luckily all ok

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I’m watching s4 now.

Genuinely pleasant to watch. I haven’t been fishing in ages. Reminds me of watching A Passion for Angling (Chris Yates and Bob Nudd was it? Voice over by Bernie Cribbins).

Really enjoying this! I’d love to go carp fishing again but they’re seen as an invasive species over here and you’re meant to kill what you catch. I’d rather not. But I’m going to order PFA on some format and watch it again.

simondbarnes

The Christmas Special last night was a beautiful hour of television 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Missed it last night, going on tbe watch list for later

kelvin

Gave up with my Mum talking over it last night. Looked beautiful though. Will watch again when things are quiet.

maccruiskeen

Looked beautiful though

Like Scotland with all the dials turned up.

ransos
    Free Member

Like Scotland with all the dials turned up.

Funnily enough, that’s what I said to Mrs R. See also the south island of NZ.

whytetrash

Love it just wish they actually caught a few more fish!

sboardman

I watched the Christmas special with my wife earlier. We’ve not seen it before but thoroughly enjoyed both the visuals and the convivial dialogue. The best but was when Paul proposed Christmas every four years as my better half had suggested the exact same thing on this morning’s dog walk.

grahamt1980

Lofoten looks absolutely stunning, must make a trip

nuke

Lovely episode…great balance of humour, scenery and fishing

Topped off with my wife getting me this official t-shirt for Christmas…

bfw

UrbanHiker

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but its programming like this that will go if the BBC gets a radical change in funding. Imagine trying to sell the idea to the suits from the commercial ad revenue departments.

So true

Merak

It’s like Novocaine for the soul, in a good way.

I now want one of those t shirts.😂

Houns

Hmm like that Halibut went back after it was hooked in and bleeding heavily from mouth

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

This one felt slightly laboured to me, if i’m honest.

The last two Christmas specials with Chris Rea and Gazza/Paul Heaton and co. were brilliant.  No offence but Ulrika-ka-ka-ka?

Beautiful visuals as ever, of course.

timmys

Another two series have been commissioned (^ & 7) airing this year and next.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/7209/mortimer-and-whitehouse-gone-fishing-series-6-and-series-7/

StirlingCrispin

And they celebrate Ted’s birthday !

ready

I’m not sure about this. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely loved the previous series, but another 2 could be dragging it out for a bit too long?

timmys

I know what you mean, but a sub-standard episode of Gone Fishing is still better than most other things.

nuke

They sit, chat and fish a bit in a nice location before they sit, chat and drink a bit in nice accommodation…i think it’d be already stale if it was a format that could go stale

jonnyboi

Don’t forget, 9pm tonight, BBC2

wheelsonfire1

Thank you for the reminder!

simondbarnes

That was lovely 🙂

JonnyC
    Free Member

Ted stole the show as usual.  

imnotverygood

Enjoyed it, but it’s been a very bad year for Christmas specials where everyone pretends it’s December despite the trees being in full leaf. I think it spoils the authenticity of the experience.

solarider
    Free Member

Best episode for a while. Kind of like a greatest hits. Funny, melancholy, plenty of Ted, beautiful scenery, Bob on form.

Solarider Jnr is currently sat with me and Mrs Solarider watching it and he is 8. His exact words – “Daddy, isn’t it funny that the 3 of us are sat here watching 2 old men fishing and having such a good time?”. So true. Whoever commissioned this show was truly inspired. On paper it just shouldn’t work, but for me its the best thing on the tellybox.

johnjn2000

A nice, relaxing, TV experience on the back of 5 episodes of Reacher. Nice way to wind down.

As a person who fishes i love how they manage to encompass the anticipation along with the realism that you probably won’t catch anything. If I went for a weeks fishing in Scotland I would be fully expecting a blank where the salmon is concerned.

pondo

Just wonderful. 🙂

jonnyboi

At all levels this shouldn’t work, but it does. I think we all want a friendship like that.  Plus the posh glamping/B&B experience.

This, along with detectorists and the first few seasons of river cottage, is my TV based serotonin boost.

supernova

Great stuff, as usual

Am I the first only one left distressed by the (inevitable) agedness of Clare Grogan?

solarider
    Free Member

When she first walked in I thought ‘bloody hell, she hasn’t aged a day’, but the close ups showed a different story. Less of a comment about her as she still looks fantastic at 60, but more another balloon of my own youthfulness burst!

The rest of the band have aged well though (!).

wheelsonfire1

Another enjoyable and relaxing episode. I’m lucky in that myself and my best friend have the same relationship, we go camping, walking and landrover tinkering, usually with our dogs, (nothing luxurious though). I’m sure that people who meet us often think that we’re married! We’ve often discussed fishing but without any hooks – just sitting on the riverbank with all the gear, occasionally having a few words and then drifting off again. There’s no cruelty to the fish involved, no lost tackle for the birds and the Derbyshire bailiffs wouldn’t be able to stop us! If Clare Grogan wanted to join us then she’d be more than welcome..

longdog
    Free Member

It’s just so good. Was getting a bit dusty at times here.

The Queen’s Hut is only about an hour’s drive from here. I’d love to stay there, but sadly prices are well out of our range! Been in the pub at Meikleour a few times though.

birky
    Free Member

This is the place they were staying when fishing on the Tay

https://stenton-estate.com/

longdog
    Free Member

A snip at only £7.5-8.5k a week self catering, more at Xmas and New year 🤣

revs1972
    Free Member

That calendar 😂

wheelsonfire1

I’m just watching Ricky and Ralf’s Northern Road Trip on Iplayer, it’s of a similar vein with gentle humour and geographical insight. I would think perhaps a one off rather than a series, worth a try?

Harry_the_Spider

Excellent stuff.

I’ve been a little bit in love with Clare Grogan for over 40 years. Suspect that I still am.

Spin
    Free Member

I nearly turned it off after the first 25 mins but it got better.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 244 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.