Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • More ill-advised publicity for certain trails?
  • colournoise

Won’t post the link – don’t want this to look totally like viral publicity.

Just watched a video posted by, and starring, owner of a large (nearly 35k members) Facebook MTB group.

Obviously an advert for sponsors but showing riding on ‘that’ Peak trail again. Not sure about all the skidding either.

I know it shouldn’t wind me up but…

thepodge
    Free Member

I got slated when I criticised people for riding there.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I know it shouldn’t wind me

/thread

munrobiker
    Free Member

Just had a think – is this Les Arcs/Telegraph Trail again, behind the Ladybower Inn?

No issues at all with anyone riding that, or filming it.

Or that old DH track on the edge of Sheffield, off Blackamoor? Same there – it’s a good trail.

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Put the link up then. Sounds good.

deadkenny
    Free Member

It’s a problem everywhere. Certain popular mag posting videos on illegal SH trail after signs were up saying not to post videos, for example. Trail soon went.

Though daft places people dig trails and often irresponsible digging in sensitive areas. The industrial scale of digging especially.

The stuff that lasts are natural feel with subtle trail work and using natural features for, features. Problem though is when it’s discovered by large FB groups with videos posted and then people head over with shovels to “improve” it. Next thing is land owner gets wind, threatens police and closing off access.

bigdean

The trouble with the telegraph trail is it just feels like a waste of alltitude compared to the permitted route next to it.

The cheeky in the area i prefer is to ride from hope brink up the double track/ hardpack up to the gate/ stye on win hill.

manlikegregonabike
    Free Member

My local rut track had trees cut across it! I don’t know why they (national trust) cut trees, seems counter intuitive or some angry rambler. Looks like 30-50 year old birch trees were butchered by an axe.

munrobiker
    Free Member

The trouble with the telegraph trail is it just feels like a waste of alltitude compared to the permitted route next to it.

The trouble with the CTB bridleway is that it isn’t really very much fun, and I don’t find it challenging, which is what I enjoy in a trail.

Adding elevation to Telegraph Trail is easy, you go up onto Derwent Edge. Then you get a really stiff extra climb to test your legs on too!

Deadkenny – if it is either of the trails I’m on about they aren’t “dug”, everyone (including the landowner) knows about them and they don’t have any mad features in them.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I’m more shocked that there is a facebook mtb group with 35k members

deadkenny
    Free Member

Filthy Rides MTB has 23k. Though probably related to a lot of posts featuring women posing with a bike somewhere in the shot.

colournoise

deadkenny – Member
    Filthy Rides MTB has 23k. Though probably related to a lot of posts featuring women posing with a bike somewhere in the shot.

Ditto the one with 35K. IIRC Filthy Rides was a response to / copy of that one.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘More ill-advised publicity for certain trails?’ is closed to new replies.