Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • More Dog Tales
  • Sandwich

Today Mrs Sandwich brought the hound back a little bloody after a run in with a Staffy. A bit of a clean up later and we’re off to the vets for puncture wound treatment to a rear leg. The other owner is paying the bill (£400 ish) as she was a long way away when the nastiness happened.

jamj1974

🙁🙁🙁

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Sandwich

The patient has had a quiet drug assisted night and breakfast has been eaten. He’s a bit sore and stiff on the bitten leg and the drain is depositing the odd drop of blood on the floor.

The vet was very thorough as all of his marks have been clipped back and cleaned again, He’s looking like a ruffian with all the marks and scabs.

tuboflard

Hope he heals quick @sandwich, seeing your dog get bit by another is pretty horrible. Hope the owner of the other dog realises theirs shouldn’t be off a lead any more if it’s got that in it.

walowiz

That sounds horrible. Hope he recovers well and is back to his normal self soon.

jimmy

Decent of the other owner to pay. Did that take much negotiation? Out of interest

tenfoot

Hope he recovers quickly. My dog has been attacked twice in the last 6 months, but fortunately no injuries. In the first attack, the assailant ran from the other side of a field just to have a go at my dog. She hadn’t even met this dog before.

stcolin
    Free Member

Yip, ours was bitten/scratched in a scuffle a couple of weeks ago. Owner didn’t give a toss. Then my gf had a narrow escape yesterday when 2 staffy types got free from a garden and went for her and the dog. Thankfully it didn’t come to anything and a passer by helped out. Apparently the owner didn’t say much either.

Hopefully your pooch will be back to their normal selves soon.

Sandwich

TBF to the other owner they handed over a contact number immediately and were contrite to Mrs S. Otherwise I would have been calling 101 for a dangerous dog report.
    It appears that the staffy is also a rescue that they have had for 2 months and have been told was 3 and was good with people and other dogs.

Her vet says the dog is a year old at most and Bodie is evidence that it doesn’t get on with other dogs. The other owner is doing all the right things so we’re cutting some slack.

Our lad was playing ball and as a result has no time for anything else ignoring other dogs and squirrels as “Ball is Life”.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘More Dog Tales’ is closed to new replies.