Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Moon on a stick jacket…
  • nemesis
    Free Member

I regularly carry a windproof jacket with me for when it starts raining or gets colder. Pretty much all of them I’ve had flap around quite a lot which I find really annoying on longer rides.

Is there a windproof that exists that is more like a jersey (ie stretchy / doesn’t flap) but that still packs down really small – like the size of one of those mini coke cans (so not a gabba which doesn’t really pack down).

Thanks

BadlyWiredDog

Stretchy no. Close fitting and very light yes, Mavic stuff for example is close fitting alpine descent friendly for me, you may be slimmer or bulkier.

nemesis
    Free Member

Close fitting is good but I tend to wear my current one in lots of different conditions meaning that sometimes like today, I’m in just a jersey with it over while other times I’ve got a two layers underneath including a thermal top. Trying to get something to fit both.

hainman
    Free Member

https://www.drakescycles.co.uk/m5b17s66p4719/ALTURA_Varium_Waterproof_Jacket/RS_GB/19913
    I have one of these,nice and tight but stretchy and waterproof too
    I was even luckier to get mine for 30 quid BN
    I would also have a look in your local
    Decathlon if one near by

tetrode
    Free Member

Endura Pakajak pretty much ticks all the boxes except super stretchy, but it’s very close to what you’ve described.

nemesis
    Free Member

Varium – does it pack up small? Looks like it would be bulky

I’ve had a pakajak – good jacket but not stretchy

chakaping
    Free Member

Assuming we’re talking road, I tend to just wear a windproof-fronted jersey with a degree of water resistance, like the Endura Jetstream. It’s a jersey/jacket hybrid really and more comfy than the Gabba-style softshell material.

Often no need for another layer unless it’s winter.

andrewreay

Vaude Moab III?

Product Description
    Casual softshell jacket for mountain biking
    80 % windproof, very breathable and water repellent
    lightweight, stretchy, with hood

Vaude Moab III link

hainman
    Free Member

Aye,the varium packs up pretty neatly,its not a full on softshell,i have on of the Tresspass packaway jackets too but gets pretty flappy,Varium is really neat

senorj

I have two Morvélo gillets which sound like they were made for you.

duncancallum

Yep

Look at OMM kamelia smocks

ianpv
    Free Member

I’ve got a blue shimano wind jacket that is stretchy and windproof, and packs pretty small. It’s getting a bit old now but one of my favorite riding jackets.

It looks a bit like this, but not identical (I’d guess this is the up to date version) – on sale in a big size that’d probably be good for you!

easily
    Free Member

I like the look of the Altura Varium, but it seems it might be discontinued.

Does anyone have any idea what they might have replaced it with?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Moon on a stick jacket…’ is closed to new replies.