Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Money off at Halfords… How?
  • alpin
    Free Member

Often mentioned on here that you can get money off with British Cycling membership, but I seem to recall that there are other discounts on top of this available.

Looking at a Boardman road bike going for 1350£. If I could get that nearer to our below £1k it would be a done deal.

granny_ring

I’ll message you a link if you want to use it?

nixie

Employer discount schemes give 10 percent which can be stacked with the bc discount.

spooky_b329

Online discount + collect in store
    Pay using BC 10% card
    Pay using discounted vouchers via an employer scheme
    Refer from a cashback site (I generally don’t bother with that bit)

joshvegas
    Free Member

I believe its

Buy through topcashback
    Use a creditcard registered on quidco
    Whap your BC card out on the counter.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

As above, but to get to 1k ish you need near as damn it 10% off three times as stacking discounts which may be a struggle.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

mucker

Don’t know if anyone used it but I posted up a 10% discount code on the recent Joystick thread, worth a try.

Gary_M
    Free Member

10% off with BC membership
    8% discount through employee benefits (although this sometimes goes up to 11% or 13.5%)
    4% cashback through quidco

That gets it to £1073. You would get it for under £1k if you were prepared to wait for halfords doing a 10% off day.

tod456
    Free Member

Fyi my Employer discount scheme is up from 10% to 15% for this week only, worth checking yours if you have it.

fooman

10% off with BC membership
    8% discount through employee benefits (although this sometimes goes up to 11% or 13.5%)
    4% cashback through quidco

+ paying the final bill on a cash back credit card

136stu
    Free Member

For anyone considering spending their hard earned at HALFORDS, please be aware they are currently lobbying to have your bikes registed, number plated, MOT tested and all sorts of other bike unfriendly legislation.

[/url]

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

For anyone considering spending their hard earned at HALFORDS, please be aware they are currently lobbying to have your bikes registed, number plated, MOT tested and all sorts of other bike unfriendly legislation.

The Sun jumped on a badly worded survey/report commissioned by Halfords, not quite the same thing.

136stu
    Free Member

The Sun jumped on a badly worded survey/report commissioned by Halfords

OK, so maybe they’re not lobbying themselves but they have allowed these questions to be posed in their name, giving more ammunition to the cyclist bashers.

weeksy

your bikes registed, number plated, MOT tested and all sorts of other bike unfriendly legislation

Out of interest… apart from a minor cost and expense, is this really a major issue ?

tod456
    Free Member

Now you have gone and done it….

amedias
    Free Member

is this really a major issue ?

yes, yes it is

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Out of interest… apart from a minor cost and expense, is this really a major issue ?

Well…………

Do you really think having to pay the DVLA to administer number plating each of your bikes is a good idea?

It’d cost more than most BSO’s!

weeksy

I don’t think its a bad idea if it gives us more rights in the eyes of the law. It would help with Insurance claims, crime, etc.

It may be a bad idea, but let’s find out the full details first.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Back under your bridge

rOcKeTdOg

Most of the cars around here arent taxed or insured so i doubt it’s going to be an issue to the carrera riding brigade

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Money off at Halfords… How?’ is closed to new replies.