Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Monday Morning Debrief 49 – Depress me with your photo's of riding ;o)
  • Dave
    Free Member

Here’s my thoughts on the matter.

Monday Morning Debrief 49

Go on then, show me yours…

scottfitz
    Free Member
    GavinB

Admiring the view at Nan Bield pass before the fun started 🙂

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Home, Brighouse, towpath, puncture, towapth, ‘get a bloody bell’, towpath, Copley Wood climb, natter with the bloke who lives at the top (rides it twice a day apparently), Norland, ride past start of trail, downhill, air (unintended), pumping the trail like what Ed showed me (intended), bit of road, chin up for another bit of trail, weighting and unweighting (intended), fast (for me anyway), big grin, towpath, Brighouse (wander through ‘Victorian weekend’), f***ing steep hill before the house on middle ring (spin sessions paying off), home.

Cracking.

jimster
    Free Member

Managed a very quick blast on the hills, and ended up reuniting a dog with it’s owners – felt like Cilla Black

BillOddie

I was on the bench with a b*****d cold so about all I could cope with was taking my eldest out for a rip round Hicks Lodge for an hour or so.

He is bloody awesome on a bike! (for a 5 year old)

matt_outandabout

For the first time in a long while, no riding this weekend. A nice walk and tree climb (and collecting of ‘community forestry Christmas tree’.

fathomer

Me and the wife rode the Monkey at Cannock from our friends front door in Upper Longdon on Saturday, who usually would have joined us but they where cooking a nice roast chicken lunch for us and another couple of friends.

Sunday I rode in the Peaks around Stannage and Blacka Moor with a friend, ace weather first thing:

2013-12-01 by SamDexter, on Flickr

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I spent the day testing this … over the mountains to the coast then back home over the mountains.

mrhoppy

Big loop from Capel Curig along Llyn Colwyd, bits of the Marin, past Llyn Gerionydd to Llyn Crafnant and back to Capel. Blue skies, good conditions and superb riding, it was shit you’d have hated it.

MoreCashThanDash

Billoddie – what’s hicks lodge like, been meaning to take my lad there?

Mate and I did an epic 56 mile ride from Ilkeston to Sherwood Pines and back. There was frost, ice, mud, missed turns, dog sled racing, mechanicals, apologetic phone calls to wives for being late, punctures, and very nearly tears.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

2.5 hour drive to Coed-y-Brenin from Halifax. Fast lap of the Beast incl. compulsory stop for tea and cake halfway round. Took note of what the guy in the tea shop told me and did a nice bit after there which means you don’t do the ballache of a road climb but also miss the massive fire-road loop. Ended with a 3h20 lap which considering a crash and a few stops and very little riding this year I was pleased with. 10 minute break and a Mars bar and a quick lap of the Minotaur before heading home.

postierich
    Free Member

Do you class this as riding twas a view out of the window!

20131129_085823[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    Had this beasty taken out of my chest!

DSCF4172[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    Looking @ 6 to 8 weeks for my chest bone to heal

DSCF4173[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

onandon
    Free Member

I wondered how haggis was made 🙂

Now WTF is that and hope you feel ok.

postierich
    Free Member

Its a thymoma tumour spotted by chance when I cracked two ribs 6 weeks ago! Twas lucky it was sat on my heart and right lung!
    More riding pics please!

matt_outandabout

Chuff me Rich. Heal quick!

xc-steve
    Free Member

Cracking shot taken at yesterdays CX race –

Along with my write up from the race – http://www.xcracer.com/south-west-cx-round-10.html

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Holy S**T! Rich, you had a post about this and possibly removing a lung. Did that happen or did you get to keep it?

birky
    Free Member

GWS postierich

No biking this weekend … a walk round Loch Brandy

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Blimey fella!! 😯
    Good find by the Docs and hope you’re back in the saddle soon.

postierich
    Free Member
    seavers
    Free Member

Ignore.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Jesus Rich! I keep meaning to come over your way and you mentioned something about doing a bit of guiding a while (years!) back. When you’re back up to speed I’ll come over.

tomaso
    Free Member

Boggies Xmas do at Hawkshead full of beer riding and good company.
    Descent from the Fox back to Hawkshead 🙂

First steep section up to Carran Crag never nailed until Sunday when quite hungover 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

tomaso – got a route map? Despite riding Grizedale on and off I’ve never found the Fox or ridden the descent?! Love the riding around there though…

martinhutch

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/pdf/MTBz-foldinteriorp1(A3).pdf/$file/MTBz-foldinteriorp1(A3).pdf

This is the ‘official’ cycle map – but most of the good stuff isn’t marked.

The Fox descent is close to waymarker no.9, south of Moor Top car park. It is the track labelled ‘Green Lane’ that heads east from there. It’s quite easy to wrongly take the track past waymarker 10 down to the south. The correct track has a couple of watery bits near the fox sculpture, unless they’ve fixed them.

The other good descent from the Fox sculpture follows the yellow and blue dots west for a couple of hundred yards then branches off left onto the track which heads straight for the visitor centre.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Monday Morning Debrief 49 – Depress me with your photo's of riding ;o)’ is closed to new replies.