Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 450 total)
  • Mojo – no longer responsible for Fox
  • daern
    Free Member

I got no dispatch note. Just an email from Mojo yesterday saying thanks for your order etc.
    It was DPD who delivered it though.

I was surprised by the fast delivery, its just luck I was in. I was expecting thur/Fri delivery if I’m honest.Now you come to mention it, the last order I placed with Mojo sat in “pending” for a couple of days after I ordered. I was a little grumpy as I needed the parts quite urgently, so I called them up to moan at them and the nice person said “Oh, they were shipped the same day” and, of course, they arrived 20 mins later with the postman. Doh!

jam-bo

‘live’ story that doesn’t appear in the main feed.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Oh, I have to love that bare faced cheek.

km79
    Free Member

😆

jamj1974

It’s definitely on the TF Tuned Instagram page.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Screenshot above 🙂

daern
    Free Member

Hmmm, suddenly this makes sense. TFT have an excellent reputation for both technical competence and customer service (I mean, they actually encourage people to call them and ask for help with stuff) so if they’ve poached Fox’s UK business then this becomes a simple distro switch which many businesses do from time to time.

Watches with interest

johnw1984
    Free Member

To be honest, that pic could mean anything really. I have recent excellent service from TF and my fork is due a service. Was going to actually use Mojo too, still might be able to, but I suppose we’ll see.

chakaping
    Free Member

Could be a cheeky bit of trolling of course.

tpbiker
    Free Member

As above, seems a bit daft that a company would have absolute reliance on the contract with only one other company, a contract that can seemingly have the arrangement torn up virtually overnight, with zero contingency

Things change in business, its Fox’s perogative to change arrangements. Seems an odd business model to leave youreslf completely at the whim of a third party.

daern
    Free Member

Seems an odd business model to leave youreslf completely at the whim of a third party.

It’s quite normal for very large companies (Tesco and that sort of thing) to insist on a cap of their supplier’s total business that is done with them – e.g. a maximum of 40% of an individual supplier’s turnover is done with Tesco.

As far as I can tell, this allows the vastly larger customer to screw the supplier over, with the knowledge that should they withdraw all of their business, it won’t be entirely their fault when the supplier goes bust.

mindmap3
    Free Member

We’ve got a 13 year old set of Hope minis that still work great, having only ever been bled. They must have got 10s of thousands of miles on them by now.

Going off on a tangent, but they’re the reason that I stopped buying Hope brakes’ awful, hateful things.

jonnyboi

As above, seems a bit daft that a company would have absolute reliance on the contract with only one other company, a contract that can seemingly have the arrangement torn up virtually overnight, with zero contingency

I’ve negotiated contract renewals with significant notice where the current supplier couldn’t grasp that their business was at risk until it was too late, on two occasions the company closed soon after as a result of losing the contract.

Daffy

Even closer to me than Mojo…interesting.

otsdr
    Free Member

??? ?( ^_^?)

oikeith

You dont have to follow TF Tuned to see the live video, just go to the profile page and tap the profile picture and any videos will play.

Just did this, looks like a pile of boxes with Fox logos on the side…

Odd though as you thought they would have chucked out a press release really quickly to avoid the confusion with what has occurred and capatalise in the free press/buzz this has caused.

trekcol
    Free Member

Loving some of the posts suggesting Trek are to blame for the end of the agreement between Fox and Mojo, this is greatly untrue and unfounded. If anyone has concrete evidence that Trek are to blame- please share….
    As are the some of the suggestions Trek are next door to Madison and also we share technician workspace with Mojo…

All the best to the guys at Mojo who have done a great job with Fox over the years. I hope they are successful with whatever they try next.

Daffy

Perhaps they’re not allowed to officially release a statement yet. By showing a picture, they’ve actually said nothing and yet the internet* is frothing.

*well, this minuscule, sad corner of it anyway.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Loving some of the posts suggesting Trek are to blame for the end of the agreement between Fox and Mojo, this is greatly untrue and unfounded. If anyone has concrete evidence that Trek are to blame- please share….
    As are the some of the suggestions Trek are next door to Madison and also we share technician workspace with Mojo…

All the best to the guys at Mojo who have done a great job with Fox over the years. I hope they are successful with whatever they try next.

Oh come on, by denying it you’re only going to legitimise the accusations. 😆

daern
    Free Member

I got no dispatch note. Just an email from Mojo yesterday saying thanks for your order etc.
    It was DPD who delivered it though.
    I was surprised by the fast delivery, its just luck I was in. I was expecting thur/Fri delivery if I’m honest.

Now you come to mention it, the last order I placed with Mojo sat in “pending” for a couple of days after I ordered. I was a little grumpy as I needed the parts quite urgently, so I called them up to moan at them and the nice person said “Oh, they were shipped the same day” and, of course, they arrived 20 mins later with the postman. Doh![/quote]I’ve just checked my order status and they are still in “Order being processed”, as is my last order from August, so I’ll take it with a pinch of salt 😉

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Perhaps they’re not allowed to officially release a statement yet.

Makes sense.

But not even a holding statement (or even acknowledgement) from Fox by now is just down right odd though and they still list mojo as uk distributor on their website.

What ever happened, the proverbial session in a brewery is coming to mind.

legend
    Free Member

My seatpost has turned up in Glasgow. No emails sent beyond the initial Order Recieved one

chakaping
    Free Member

X2 and Transfer seatpost with me already.

Hope my frame can swallow that much shaft, so to speak.

chrismac

Assuming those prices are cost plus vat then it shows you how much margin the retailer has to play with.

Reign_Man
    Free Member

My forks have just been delivered by DPD, that was quick, less than 24 hours.

simondbarnes

Assuming those prices are cost plus vat then it shows you how much margin the retailer distributor has to play with.

FTFY

wwaswas

First of my orders has turned up in sunny Hove.

daern
    Free Member

Good news all – did any of you order after 4pm?

milky1980
    Free Member

Could be a cheeky bit of trolling of course.

Probably just letting people know they have a load of Fox kit in stock and soon to be at a low price. If TFTuned do have the Fox distro it’s a poorly judged dig at the opposition IMO. Would put me in a bit of a quandary if they are playing games as I use them for my non Fox kit, I don’t like using companies that goad the opposition at times like this.

wwaswas

https://cyclingindustry.news/mojo-suspension-what-happens-next/

Some further detail about future for Mojo.

I can understand Fox not wanting one of their distribution and warranty partners developing a competing product.

logan1989
    Free Member

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

If i read that right – “They’ve learned” but been unable to get comment from mojo?

bramblesummer
    Free Member

Just called Mojo to get a DPD tracking number (need to redirect DPD to a local pickup shop due to a change in plans tomorrow so need the reference number) and there’s an automated phone message saying they’re closed for staff training until 3pm today, but it’s now well after then. Hopefully they’re having a get together and firming up plans so nobody is made redundant etc.

The article above is very confusing – Mojo haven’t commented, but the journalist knows what their future business model is? Either there’s been an industry bulletin from Mojo behind the scenes, or it’s unofficial info from a grapevine/unverified source.

TF Tuned are hopefully just hinting they has stock left if anyone needs FOX products asap. Odd way to do it though, and really hope it’s not them being underhanded.

MartynS

Probably just letting people know they have a load of Fox kit in stock and soon to be at a low price. If TFTuned do have the Fox distro it’s a poorly judged dig at the opposition IMO. Would put me in a bit of a quandary if they are playing games as I use them for my non Fox kit, I don’t like using companies that goad the opposition at times like this.

which would be odd when I rang TF yesterday wanting to buy a fox shock
    They (apparently) had nothing in and were waiting for deliveries which could be between 6-8 weeks

Surely if they had stock to dump they would have sold me a full price one before they reduced the cost, or if its just come in, given me a much shorter lead time or indeed just taken the order….

chakaping
    Free Member

I was joking before, but maybe they did get a bulk bargain from Mojo?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Some further detail about future for Mojo.

I can understand Fox not wanting one of their distribution and warranty partners developing a competing product.

“A source close to” is journalist code for ‘we heard a rumour’ or ‘we made this up’.

The article reads like a greatest hits version of this thread.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Lacking CSI levels of enhance admittedly but the shipping label on those (tf) boxes is dated 06/21/17 if my eyes serve me right.

So a) that’s old stock, b) is been in transit a long time, c) this has been going on a long time

Heavily cropped admittedly but the rest are difficult to make out

legend
    Free Member

which would be odd when I rang TF yesterday wanting to buy a fox shock
    They (apparently) had nothing in and were waiting for deliveries which could be between 6-8 weeks

Or maybe it’s not shocks in the boxes

daern
    Free Member

Lacking CSI levels of enhance admittedly but the shipping label on those (tf) boxes is dated 06/21/17 if my eyes serve me right.

UNCROP!

Chainline
    Free Member

I can’t keep up with the thread but, Mojo’s Business was not in trouble.

Contract negotiations have been known to fail.

Large corporates never expect small business’ not to capitulate under contractual pressure (I worked for a large cooperate for a long time previously in a M&A) they always assume the SMe needs them more than they need the SME. Kinda like reverse BREXIT.

Reduction in stock is a legitimate and standard practice if you have insight into business structures and financing.

Chris’s GeoMetron project only enhanced Fox reputation and moved more sales for them, it would not be a reason for such action.

Clarity will prevail when Mojo have worked their way through the fallout.

I also wouldn’t expect CP to throw stones even if it was legitimate, that would not make long term business sense.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 450 total)

The topic ‘Mojo – no longer responsible for Fox’ is closed to new replies.