Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 196 total)
  • Mods:Slow down you move too fast.
  • stumpy01

^^^ 😀 Hmmm, I wander if that was daliberet?

dbcooper
    Free Member

You’re wrong to expect volunteers to ask “how high” just because you say “jump.”

I did not expect nor ask for this. I just expected fantasized if anyone was bothered to answer that they might be civil. You are now making stuff up to justify your rudeness.

As someone up there reasonably said, you or drac could have said please email the tech guys instead of taking valuable mod time to try and belittle me.

jam-bo

can a mod change dbcoopers “member” tag to “angry & impatient”?

Drac

can a mod change dbcoopers “member” tag to “angry & impatient”?

please email the tech guys instead of taking valuable mod time

dbcooper
    Free Member

You know there are very few women on this forum (that I can detect). Is it any wonder why? With the general contempt from mods, people making snidey references to “chamomile tea” and mumsnet. How dissapointing.

Rorschach
    Free Member

You know there are very few women on this forum

Well at least you are balancing it out with oestrogen.
    Chapeau to Kryton for the pudding ref 😀

peterfile
    Free Member

You know there are very few women on this forum. Is it any wonder why? With the general contempt from mods, people making snidey references to “chamomile tea” and mumsnet. How dissapointing.

How do you know how many women are on the forum?

In what way is a reference to chamomile tea (for your anger issues) deterring women for using the forum?

In what way is a reference to a infamous subforum on mumsnet (where there are plenty of men), regarding you being unreasonable, deterring women?

Why is it disappointing?

Do you think that your dramatic episodes are more or less likely to deter women than those comments you mention?

dbcooper
    Free Member

Rorschach – Member
    You know there are very few women on this forum

Well at least you are balancing it out with oestrogen.

I should hope so, I am not male. Whats your point?

dbcooper
    Free Member

Do you think that your dramatic episodes are more or less likely to deter women than those comments you mention?

Its hardly dramatic is it. Is just a load of sad men being rather rude to a naive idiot of a woman who wishes she had never bothered.

Cougar

I did not expect nor ask for this. I just expected if anyone was bothered to answer that they might be civil. You are now making stuff up to justify your rudeness.

Look.

You asked a question and then got bent out of shape when you got a jokey answer rather than the one you wanted to hear, just because someone has “Moderator” next to their name. What I’m trying to do is manage your expectations.

The Moderators are volunteers. We provide a service, for free, to the site and (I’d like to think) to its users as well. We are under absolutely no obligation to come running whenever someone snaps their fingers; or for that matter, at all. Our role as Moderators is to ensure that the forum rules are followed, nothing more. Drac and I comment on threads like this simply because we both, personally, have chosen to do so.

Drac and I (and the other moderators who have chosen not to put their necks on the block publicly) are users of the forum just like you and have the same right to reply that all users do. I’m sorry if that’s not good enough for you, but it’s not about to change any time soon.

And where was I rude other than the bit I’ve already apologised for?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Ahhh 😳 . My bad…the penny drops,I did’nt recognize the hand writing (backs away slowly from the thread/pandoras box nervously before running Gumpesquely away…don’t take it personally.Women scare me is all).

peterfile
    Free Member

Is just a load of sad men being rather rude to a naive idiot of a woman who wishes she had never bothered.

And there we have it.

No one had any idea you were a woman until you mentioned it about 3 minutes ago. The only person who thinks your sex is somehow relevant to any of this is you.

I’m no psychologist, but your post definitely means something.

Drac

If I’ve come across as rude then I’m sorry it came across that way, it was not my intention. I was confused why you’d have 2 tabs open answer topics on both those then complain about the anti-spam delay, which isn’t that long I’ve since found out.

Now if you don’t mind I must get on with some things at home.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

OP I’m guessing it is because the percentage of MTBrs who are female is less than 20%, and the percentage of those who think that a forum is a normal mode of communication is even lower. Seen the same on ski forums, even though probably a higher percentage of skiers than MTBrs are female.

Thing is OP. You are now looking a twit. You are steamed up about something very small and exhibiting very little sense of proportion, and now you are moving on to argue about other gripes with even less justification.

I’m not a mod, don’t know any of them,and wouldn’t do their job if you paid me. But I’d suggest you walk away from the keyboard and think about something which actually matters. 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKbP-M8vVtw[/video]

dbcooper
    Free Member

No one had any idea you were a woman until you mentioned it about 3 minutes ago. The only person who thinks your sex is somehow relevant to any of this is you.

I have had many interactions on this forum where my gender has not been relavent, but I have mentioned it or inferred it by referring to my husband many times. I am sure that many user are aware of that. Just because you are not aware of that doesn’t give you an excuse to be rude whatever the gender.
    The issue of gender is that we are less tolerant of what you think is banter, and more women would come here if you were not so.
    And what does

And there we have it.

mean?

Cougar

And for what difference it makes (and the answer should be “none whatsoever”), I didn’t realise you were female until you just told us.

So, if you think I’ve treated you any differently because of your gender (or if you believe that I would if I had known, even) then you are very much mistaken.

perchypanther
    Free Member

The problem with women is that their shoes don’t really hold wee very well 😳

peterfile
    Free Member

And what does

And there we have it.

mean?

It was in relation to this….

Is just a load of sad men

Cougar

I have had many interactions on this forum where my gender has not been relavent, but I have mentioned it or inferred it by referring to my husband many times.

Having a husband is no indication of gender.

EDIT – in fact, I can think of at least one user on this very forum who is male and has a husband.

Drac

I have mentioned it or inferred it by referring to my husband many times.

Have you? Did you know men can have Husbands too?

Best crack on wife will give me grief.

wwaswas

No one had any idea you were a woman until you mentioned it about 3 minutes ago.

this.

I get the message every now and again but not more than once a month or so and I make a *stupid* amount of posts.

tbh, everyone gets the piss taken out of them on here on occasion, the ‘known women’ probably slightly less than the blokes (either because they’re women or because they avoid threads that tend to accumulate those sort of posts I don;t know. Equally, there’s some people who are rarely taken seriously on anything or at least when they post on certain topics where they’re known to have, errm, strongly expressed opinions..

peterfile
    Free Member

in fact, I can think of at least one user on this very forum who is male and has a husband.

Hora and deadlydarcy?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Now if you don’t mind I must get on with some things at home.

I mind!

dbcooper
    Free Member

So, if you think I’ve treated you any differently because of your gender (or if you believe that I would if I had known, even) then you are very much mistaken.

Not at all, I did not expect you to know my gender. Women bikers I know find this a distasteful place to be. I had so far managed to get by on here without having to worry about it. When surrounded by hills mentioned chamomile on page 1, I pulled him up on it and left it that. My comment about gender was general, I did not expect many of you to know, although I suspect that SBH did know when he posted. The point was that much of general behaviour here is off putting for the other sex.

nickc

sbob
    Free Member

dbcooper,
    first rule of STW forum use:

Never, question the forum.

Come up with a new wheel size, or a new type of bicycle, perhaps something between a bike that’s designed to ride on short grass and one that’s designed to ride on slightly longer grass and they will absolutely lap that shit up.
    They love that consumerist way of life.

But this forum was carved from granite many epochs ago, and must never be changed.
    I hope that clears matters up, in a non-hostile fashion.

🙂

dbcooper
    Free Member

Having a husband is no indication of gender.

Fair enough. As I said I do not or did not exepct anyone including you to know. Except the suspiscions I had about those who posted oblique genderist references.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Is ‘pitcher’ phonetic northern spelling of picture?
    I did’nt have a scoobies….though in my defence I am an equal opportunities insulter.
    Actual WTF!! I just got a ‘your post is too old’ message on this edit!!
    MODS ASSEMBLE!!!!!

perchypanther
    Free Member

gofasterstripes – Member
    Look dude, the thing is….

Blatant use of sexist language there. Foul!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

dbcooper
    Free Member

Blatant use of sexist language there. Foul!

Thats bollocks I dont care about that. I am just pointing out that it is not particulalry welcoming here (with exceptions) and some people are quite sexist.

Cougar

How on earth is chamomile tea an “oblique genderist reference”?

peterfile
    Free Member

Thats bollocks I dont care about that. I am just pointing out that it is not particulalry welcoming here (with exceptions) and some people are quite sexist.

I agree with the sexist part, some people on here are…but surely that is true of ANY online forum?

This place is relatively welcoming, most are decent, there are a few cliques and in jokes, but again I’d have thought no more than anywhere else.

Btw, this is the Chat forum. The bike forum is much more focussed on bike stuff. The chat forum is designed to catch general stuff, some of which is serious, some of it is not…like actual chats.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Cougar

Actual WTF!! I just got a ‘your post is too old’ message on this edit!!

Ah, I see what’s happening here now. It was a double-post so I deleted the second one. You were probably editing it when I did.

nemesis
    Free Member

Is chamomile tea the preserve of women?

Have to say, I didn’t realise you were female (as you say though, why would I?). Or consider that the comment about chamomile was somehow suggesting you were since that would surely have stood out as odd (because by default most of us assume that people on here are male given that’s typically the case)

Women bikers I know find this a distasteful place to be

Because of the anti-spambot? 🙂

It’s a fair point – it may be that a forum largely full of blokes is not naturally where some women feel at home but then is that not just a reflection of normal life – I know plenty of blokes who dislike this forum for probably many of the same reasons as those women bikers you mention – like some bars/pubs/clubs/whatever, some people feel more or less at home. Similarly there are clearly women who do feel at home on here. I’m not sure that any forum will be all things to all people.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

dbcooper

Thats bollocks

Are you using my plums as an insult? I don’t even…..

Rorschach
    Free Member

I dont care about that. I am just pointing out that it is not particularly welcoming here (with exceptions) and some people are quite sexist.

Which is an unfortunate reflection of real life (and in particular mtb’ing).The forum is filled with normal people.There are very few internet personas (rip fred) and this is a good thing.Other than Mods wielding double barrel ban hammers at every perceived misdemeanour I don’t see that changing.
    Thanks Coug….I always liked you the bestest.

sazter

Female here, no husband though.. I found no reason to be offended by the comments about tea etc, it was the OP who made the correlation to that being female specific and also husbands being purely for ladies. I was finding the thread quite entertaining until page 3 when you refused to “let it go”, and yes, that is a Frozen reference, and no, I have no kids. I am a big gayer though, maybe that’s why I like disney? 😉

I am off to make some girly tea and paint my nails or something.

Ps. Been here for a long time and never had any problems with anyone, maybe thats a premier thing too, or maybe I treat people the way I expect to be treated?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 196 total)

The topic ‘Mods:Slow down you move too fast.’ is closed to new replies.