Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • mods. Tudor watch as popup.
  • Houns

Another finding it ridiculous here.

In my ipad it pops up up to 5 times a day. I turn it to portrait back to landscape and i still can’t get rid of it! I have to close my browsers down then reopen.

I want to drown the bloke 😡

nickjb
    Free Member

Nick surely there are to ways to look at this

Its Single Tracks fault for making a web page a ipad has trouble with

Its Apples fault for making a device that can’t read a web pageGoing back to my original analogy/straw-man. It’s the drivers fault for running into someone or Audi’s fault for making a car that can’t be driven into people. It happens on android too and most other websites work fine and this site works fine with the adverts off.

Just to reiterate the point made many times by many people. No problem with adverts in principle. The site has to be funded, they have two models, subs and ads, both are fine and it’s nice to have a choice. The only issue is this advert does not behave as the people supplying it claim it does. Something is broken/wrong.

pirahna
    Free Member

When it pops up on an iPad just refresh the page and it goes away.

mt
    Free Member

stupid advert that makes the site unusable on the iPad. for the terminally incompetent it’s very irritating to be told to pay for “premier”. we have been paying for the magazine since the first issue, thats enough money. Suppose that well know moderator will be along shortly to take the p..s. If you you have so little respect for your customers that you force us to look at the stupid adverts perhaps this grumpy git should move on and cancel the subscription. Calm down dear!
    As you can see that Tudor ad gets on me wick, what wrong with a cheap Timex?

5thElefant
    Free Member

You’re not a customer. You’re the product.

wilburt
    Free Member

I’m both or quite possibly neither very soon.

ampthill

stupid advert that makes the site unusable on the iPad. for the terminally incompetent it’s very irritating to be told to pay for “premier”. we have been paying for the magazine since the first issue, thats enough money. Suppose that well know moderator will be along shortly to take the p..s. If you you have so little respect for your customers that you force us to look at the stupid adverts perhaps this grumpy git should move on and cancel the subscription. Calm down dear!
    As you can see that Tudor ad gets on me wick, what wrong with a cheap Timex?

Unless you have found a deal that I don’t know about you can’t subscribe to the magazine without getting Premier thrown in

EdwardH

Makes me want to swap my Galaxy tab for a poxy ipad and turn off the P just to see what the fuss is about.

Drac

we have been paying for the magazine since the first issue, thats enough money.

The magazine is what you’ve been paying for, to pay for the site requires either ads or for those that wish to buy an Premier subscription which will allow online access to the mags and Ad free browsing plus other benefits.

Without Ads there will be no STW as you know it.

GJP
    Free Member

Clearing out my history solved it for me. Oddly I had been thinking about buying a Tudor watch with this years bonus, no chance now, plus I can get an almost identical Chris Ward at a third of the price.

ampthill

I’ve already got a print subscription and website account, can I get the ‘Premier’ bit?

Yes, just pop along to the Premier upgrade page. Then we can match the accounts up and you can enjoy the enhanced website features of being a Premier member.

dannyh
    Free Member

I’ve been trying to think of some kind of witty pun for this thread, but I find that Tudor watch ad so **** aggravating that I’m not going to grace this thread with anything that requires any thought………

piemonster

How about less ads?

*runs away*

nickjb
    Free Member

Nice straw man 🙂 Again, no problem with ads only broken ads

richmars

Actually, ‘without ads that people look at and click…’

So all P equals no stw.

DrJ

Again, no problem with ads only broken ads

This.

However, another upside of P is that the bald site looks a lot less obviously like skiving at work. Jus’ sayin’

Alini
    Free Member

I was in the market for a new watch, but anyone else notice the Tudor is always displaying the wrong time when the add helpfully pops up on the iPad screen?

Has undermined my confidence in the brand!!!

scotroutes

But it’s perfectly accurate twice a day!

CountZero

Got a really strange déjà vu kinda feeling reading this!

ampthill – Member
    Nick surely there are to ways to look at this

Its Single Tracks fault for making a web page a ipad has trouble with

Its Apples fault for making a device that can’t read a web page
    No to both, it’s purely a coding issue with an advert that an agency has created and STW have agreed to host.
    Ampthill, you can’t seriously believe that STW host all the ads? And the iPad sees all the regular adverts that run on the page.
    Along with Nickjb, and others, and I said it multiple times on the original page I started some time ago when this issue first reared its ugly head, and I repeat it again, I do not, and never have had, any issues with adverts on STW, and I use my pad pretty much exclusively for web stuff at home, and have done for around three years, and my phone for several years before that, and it’s only the Tudor and Lloyds posh banking ads that have caused any problems in all of that time.
    So, with all due respect, I suggest you look at the really guilty party here, and that’s the incompetent clot who created such a miserably shonky piece of crap in the first place.

olly2097
    Free Member

I haven’t seen it since I started the thread. At all. Spooky! Mind you I’m browsing on the phone atm.

I also don’t mind ads. Just ones you can’t get rid of easily. Seems it affects both apple and android devices.

Drac

I haven’t seen it since I started the thread. At all. Spooky!

Not really that’s how it’s supposed to work, you should only see it once every 24hours.

nickjb
    Free Member

I had heard that it only showed up on tablets. That said it is also only supposed to appear once a day and that feature doesn’t work that well.

finbar
    Free Member

plus I can get an almost identical Chris Ward at a third of the price.

Also, Aliexpress is a great place to buy Pinarello frames and team cycling kit.

toby1

£1.50 a month or £15 a year gets you a P and no adverts

Great if you are logged in on the device you are using at the time and a subscriber. If you are not it pops up over the area where you might log in and covers that. It also has no option to reduce page zoom on a small device i.e. a Nexus 7 running Chrome. So at that point I’ll just refresh the page or get annoyed by it and browse away, so it should at least be responsible for a drop in traffic.

Does the marketing revenue of this app justify any dip in traffic you may have seen since you introduced it? Personally as someone working at an online retailer I think the full page modal overlay is one of the worst advertising concepts yet and I hope it dies very very soon.

STATO
    Free Member

The problem with the ad is due to the website not having a mobile version (like most website have these days). When you zoom in to make the forum text fit the page the ad pops-up but in full size, so you can no longer re-size the page to hit the tiny x in the corner.

So as others have said, advert works fine, website/forum has not had any changes to make it suitable to read on a phone or tablet. Might change when the new site becomes live in 2009, someone go prod the hamsters.

STATO
    Free Member

And people saying buy P, missing the point. The website needs to be usable buy the general public, thats what draws more people in so the advertising pays to handle the traffic the site gets.

jekkyl

as if you’d go diving wearing a watch that costs over a grand.

Houns

3 times in the last 2 hours 😡

Tiger6791

I really want a Tudor watch.

I can’t see the advert because I have a little

I have tried logging out to see it but then I can’t post.

Please please can STW sort this out, this is unacceptable!

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘mods. Tudor watch as popup.’ is closed to new replies.