Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • mods. Tudor watch as popup.
  • olly2097
    Free Member

Don’t really know where to post but when browsing the forum on my tablet or phone access is hindered by the “Tudor watches” ad popup. I can’t close it and have reload until it doesn’t appear.

Sorry!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Erm, are you going to tell him or shall I?

PiknMix
    Free Member

How late are you to the Tudor party?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So late that there’s no pudding left!

PiknMix
    Free Member

😆

piemonster

Just noticed a thread on PH complaining about adverts on STW 😀

Drac

If had a watch he’d have turned up on time.

olly2097
    Free Member

I’m crap at time keeping.

I’m not the only one then. Phew.

Drac

I don’t see them.

nickjb
    Free Member

It’s set up so it only pops up very rarely. Makes you feel special when it happens. Nice to feel special so many times in one day.

PiknMix
    Free Member

See what? 😉

piemonster

Dunno

scaredypants

Drac – Moderator
    I don’t see them

You mean you’re immune to advertising ? Yeah, I knew a bloke like that … 🙁

andyl
    Free Member

A tudor watch?

Does it look like this?

richmars

It seems to be working ok on my tablet, it pops up once a day, for about 5 seconds, then pops away. Rather not have it but it works better then it did.

Drac

You mean you’re immune to advertising ? Yeah, I knew a bloke like that

Have you checked you Premier settings?

Yup, it ‘should’ be a once a day feature unless you mess with your Cookies.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Lloyds Bank has kindly given me a loan to buy the goggles and mask but not the wetsuit and watch. Bast****!

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Brilliant ad campaign. I’m like putty in their hands and now own 7 Tudor watches. Genius. And I can’t tell you how good I look in the wet suit.

BB

dannyh
    Free Member

Another happy STW forum member……..

olly2097
    Free Member

Thanks for the help.

I’ll have a play with the browser settings. I guess some tablets and browser apps will be different. With chrome on my Z2 tab it won’t bugger off! Ahh well. Not the end of the world but it puts me off buying a Tudor watch if I could ever afford one.

scotroutes

Were you previously aware that there was a company called Tudor making watches? I wasn’t and, being a premier member, I might have remained ignorant of this fact had it not been for all the folk posting about the ad. I guess you’re just all just unpaid cogs in the big marketing machine.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

I must admit, this is the only site I regularly look at, which I’ve had to more or less give up even trying to access from a work pc, due to the advertising pop ups that break my work browser. This is (and it’s not meant as a criticism, I understand to provide a free forum, money must be made) the only site I routinely access, who’s advertising behaviour is so bad that it breaks my work pc.

DT78
    Free Member

It most definitley appears more than once a day for me. Especially as I am on leave at the moment and on this site more than usual. I will say I will never ever buy a Tudor watch. They look like cheap Rolex copies. I’d rather have a stein hart if I was looking for a homage.

I’ve found turning the iPad into portrait and back again makes it go away without having to hit back.

I don’t know what idiot is behind that marketing campaign but they should fire them, all they are doing is pissing people off.

CountZero

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    So late that there’s no pudding left!

Smudger666

My iPad logged me out – the Tudor watch popped up – REALLY **** ANNOYING!

Then I logged back in and it’s gone.

Hopefully you’ll buy a watch, Tudor will realise what great value advertising on STW is and increase their spend accordingly. STW will continue and for a paltry £20/year I get no ads and a great forum., win win.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

That are part of Rolex.

Scottie, sounds like you should get out more. 😉 it’s been around for ages.

The latest version on here is worse than ever albeit slightly less frequent. But remember, everyone should be grateful for the benefits those nice people at baby Rolex bring.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

DT78, some light reading for you;

Rolex SA offers products under the Rolex and Tudor brands.

§Tudor[edit]
    Montres Tudor SA has designed, manufactured and marketed Tudor watches since March 6, 1946. Rolex founder Hans Wildorf conceived of the Tudor Watch Company to create a product for authorized Rolex dealers to sell that offered the reliability and dependability of a Rolex, but at a lower price.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolex#Tudor

ads678

£1.50 a month or £15 a year gets you a P and no adverts 😀

DT78
    Free Member

Once again I won’t be blackmailed into a premium sub by being bombared with adverts, I can’t believe some people think this is okay for a forum. A forum it’s content generated by its users. No other forum is this bad that I know of. Must mean they are proping up the magazine with the ad revenue form this forum which would cost very little to run.

I actually don’t care about Tudors heritage they still look like Rolex knock offs. The brands cheap marketing policy of badgering me daily has put me off them completely. And I do like watches and have a small collection.

ampthill

Does any one ever complain to the company that made the tablet, created its operating system or created the browser

Drac

Try complaining to your IT department for blocking the cookies that would stop it popping up as much.

nickjb
    Free Member

Does any one ever complain to the company that made the tablet, created its operating system or created the browser

Would seem odd people to complain too. A bit like moaning to Audi because you got run over. Anyway most of those have features to prevent this happening but the people who chose to serve this ad say we shouldn’t use those features (which is fair enough)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

That nice diver bloke just popped up again to say good night and to stop me accessing the forum at such a late hour. So thoughtful of him……

msjhes2
    Free Member

It is more like every couple of hours rather than once a day. I have had it twice this evening. However have discovered if I turn my iPad from landscape to portrait I can see the x and kill it. Which while annoying only takes a second.

Drac

Yet like every other time you say it stops you posting you still manage to post.

wilburt
    Free Member

I wonder if Tudor know that whatever marketing agency their paying has managed to piss off so many would be customers?

They are probably giving loads of good feedback “click through” from stw is great etc when actually it’s just people hammering their iPads trying to get rid of bloody thing!

ads678

Once again I won’t be blackmailed into a premium sub by being bombared with adverts

But it’s not blackmail thought is it, you pay for a subscription to read the magazine electronically and get the ads removed as a bonus.

nickjb
    Free Member

But it’s not blackmail thought is it, you pay for a subscription to read the magazine electronically and get the ads removed as a bonus.

And if you don’t want to read the magazine then you are paying to read this guff that we all post.

ampthill

Nick surely there are to ways to look at this

Its Single Tracks fault for making a web page a ipad has trouble with

Its Apples fault for making a device that can’t read a web page

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Good news, I am now on the Tudor STW loyalty scheme. Sixty eighty, well after this sixty seven, more visits and I get 50% off a “maritime” replacement strap or a free refill of my aqua lung. Quids in, so everyone is a winner.

Great idea to introduce the scheme….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘mods. Tudor watch as popup.’ is closed to new replies.