Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Mobile phone fast charger plugs
  • damascus
    Free Member

Hi,

As you don’t get a plug with a new Samsung mobile phone anymore I’m after a new plug for fast charging.

I’ve noticed the various plugs I have, all have different outputs and charging with them shows different times to 100%.

I think the best plug I have is 5w. A quick Google suggests a Samsung fast charge are anything from 20w to 50w.

Will a plug that’s 4 or 5 times more W speed up the charging by a lot?

I don’t want my house to burn down so I’m a little hesitant to use ebay or amazon and buy a “genuine” plug.

Is the best, safest bet to go to argos or pc world and pick one up? They look like £18. If so, any suggestions for what I need? Minimum spec?

I’ve a Samsung a53 but it isn’t wireless charging compliant. Not sure what the max output it will accept.

Samsung fast charger – adaptive chargers for Android devices

Or do you have any links to a safe plug?

Thanks in advance.

Flaperon

One of these will be fine:

About £11 with the discount at checkout.

I’d trust a £12 Anker plug from Amazon more than an £18 one from PC World. The Anker will be £11 of build quality and £1 of profit, while the PC World version will be £1 of build quality and £17 of profit…

dc1988

I have two Amazon plugs, 5w and 9w. The 9w definitely charges a lot faster so it’s worthwhile upgrading imo

damascus
    Free Member

Just found this

Just plug it into a 15W power adapter to <b>fast charge</b> it in record time. The A53 is also compatible with 25W power adapters for even faster charging.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

It still shocks me every time I “turbo charge” my Poco F3, the 33W supplied charger goes from ~30% to 100% in something like ~25mins. Seems at least twice as quick as charging time for my old Mi A2 on a 15W(?) charger.

fossy

Anker -it’s the only chargers we use if we lose the genuine Apple/Samsung. We’ve got a number of 4 port Anker ones, as well as two port ‘mini’ like above, and also a more powerful one for daughter’s Ipad Pro, that was from Music Magpie, so didn’t ship with a plug.

Most of the Samsung and Apple chargers, even on Amazon, aren’t genuine, so no point trying to get genuine.

jam-bo

It still shocks me every time I “turbo charge” my Poco F3, the 33W supplied charger goes from ~30% to 100% in something like ~25mins. Seems at least twice as quick as charging time for my old Mi A2 on a 15W(?) charger.

33/15 *100 = 220%…

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

33/15 *100 = 220%…

Except the Mi A2 has a ~3000mAh battery versus ~4500mAh on the F3…

fazzini

It still shocks me

that phone manufacturers don’t include plugs with bloody expensive phones. Cheapskates

frogstomp

Keep an eye on the Samsung website.. I got one of these for £13 last month on sale. Alternatively just get the Samsung 25W one from Amazon.

prettygreenparrot

that phone manufacturers don’t include plugs with bloody expensive phones. Cheapskates

Or sensible waste prevention. Many folks have multiple chargers around the house. Some folks plug their phone into a computer to charge.

So much better than the days when each phone had its own, almost model-specific, charger with cable attached.

johnnystorm

Nothing wrong with buying a Samsung charger on Amazon, as long as its sold by amazon and not just fulfilled by them. If you get a 25wbone and you don’t get “superfast” charging appear then just return it.

Don’t forget that you’ll need a decent cable as well to get the most from one.

The Samsung 35w charger has a usb-c and a usb-a output which is handy.

johnnystorm

@damascus

Official Samsung 45w charger with cable £18 on Amazon.

el_boufador

It’s a bit expensive, but I’ve just bought one of these – Minix P3

This is based on us going away to Canada in the summer and needing either a load of US adapters or US specific chargers. plus also needing to charge several of the family’s devices simultaneously overnight in hotels.

It’s super powerful and will charge my laptop faster than the laptops standard 65w charger.

The plan is for this to fulfill all usb travel charging needs for the family for the foreseeable.

I just hope that this is as reliable as Anker stuff..if Anker had an equivalent I’d have bought that. But they don’t.

damascus
    Free Member

@Flaperon I bought the Anker plug you linked to. It had a voucher code so was about £11 delivered. Only problem is its a USB c output and I don’t have a cable to fit! 🤣

I’ll return it tomorrow and try again

pondo

I’ve had my A52 for a year now, it mostly gets fast-charged, and I must say, it now seems to not charge quite as fastly as it did before – anecdotally, it would go from 30 to 100% in a predicted 50 minutes or so from new, just plugged it in now and it’s showing 50 minutes from 60% to full. I wonder whether maybe fast-charging all the time doesn’t do the battery a lot of good?

DickBarton

Or buy a suitable cable as usb-c is the new usb standard (I think)…

nbt

I picked up a twin pack of the anker charger above for £18 on Amazon, less a bit for some offer that was on. Works great.

Aidy
    Free Member

If you want actual fast charging, you want a usb-c <-> usb-c cable.

el_boufador

Deffo worth migrating USBC <-> USBC going forwards, as that is the new latest and greatest standard.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.