Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mobile coverage on The Ridgeway
  • jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Despite hating myself for even asking…does anyone have experience of mobile coverage on the ridgeway between Steatley and Avebury?
    Reason is i have to take a call at 10am next Friday, but was also aiming to ride to Bath…i don’t want to give up a days ride for the sake of one call, so wondering if i can juggle both!
    cheers

drofluf
    Free Member

Depends where you are but generally it’s OK I’ve certainly had enough rides interrupted…

But be careful where you stop – in some of the dips there is little reception. I live at the bottom of the Ridgeway and get no signal at home but on the track it’s fine.

Will also depend on your network.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Thanks drofluf…sounds reason enough to chance it!

colin9

I rode some of it last weekend but wasn’t keeping an eye on my phone. It is quite elevated so I think you should be OK.

cokie

In the elevated areas I get 4G with Vodafone 90% of the time. You do get the odd blip of no reception at all, like in Aldworth, despite being fairly elevated.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Thanks Colin, Cokie.
    Aldworth…won’t worry about reception there, would be more worried about having to tear myself away from The Bell…

cokie

Aldworth…won’t worry about reception there, would be more worried about having to tear myself away from The Bell..

That’s why I need signal! Few times I’ve needed picking up when I’ve had one too many of the guest Ales.. or I’ve had to call mates to join me because of the great Ales 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Clue is in the name, Ridgeway. You’re high up much of the time and there aren’t trees so coverage is good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mobile coverage on The Ridgeway’ is closed to new replies.