Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Miserable bloody weekend
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

I can cope with the weather (still shite at the moment).

I can cope with the fact that I will have to do about three hours work at some point.

I can cope with the fact that my six month old is both very sick (most likely it’s chicken pox but it could be measles) and teething like a banshee and is basically just not sleeping.

I can even cope with the fact that bike riding opportunities this weekend will be limited if not impossible.

But what I cannot cope with, what really boils my piss and is just so wrong in just so many ways, is that my new bike which was supposed to be ready on Wednesday is not even going to be ready before the weekend.

Instead, I will have to wait until next week and then hope I have the chance to skive work to collect it, which is about as likely as my son waking up tomorrow morning not covered in sores.

bikebouy
    Free Member

You Sir are in a whole load of pain.

If its any consolation it’s 13C and (was) sunny here with a most excellent sunset and I’ve just finished a beer.

Your bike will turn up, your baby will get better and your work will have to wait. I think the priorities are correct there..

garage-dweller

I feel your pain. In the last six weeks our one year old has had a virulent stomach bug, chicken pox and teeth pain. The big one has had the pox too. Wife and I got the stomach bug too and yesterday one of our two cars’ cooling systems disintegrated and repairability is looking questionnable.

I will be getting my third or fourth ride of the year in tomorrow as little one on the mend.

Things will get better soon and at the end of the day these are fundamentally first world problems at least that is what i keep telling myself.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I feel your pain. I haven’t had my own bike for a month now because of waiting for bikes to arrive. I’ve borrowed a bike for 2 weeks, which was admittedly brilliant but had to go back last sunday. No riding bikes sucks. 🙁

geetee1972
    Free Member

It really is the delay on the new bike that is most irksome!

theotherjonv

Quit moaning

My wife’s friend has just been told her brain tumour has returned, is inoperable, and she has 2 options. She can have full head radiotherapy, which would be deeply unpleasant and may give her 3 months. Or without – reduce that to weeks.

Her husband and young kids are having ‘a miserable bloody weekend’

muddydwarf
    Free Member

That puts it into perspective. My friend has just had his tonsils whipped out – diagnosis cancer. I don’t know how that is going to go.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Theotherjon I think you missed the humour in my post. It was far from a moan.

easygirl

My dad died at Xmas after 12 months fighting cancer, 4 weeks ago my wife’s mother was told she had 2 months to live, riddled with cancer.my son came home ast week after splitting with his partner, bringing his 2 year old with him, and my daughter has come back home after 2years living away.
    We must have upset the big man somehow
    And I’m still telling myself there are people worse off than us!

allthegear
    Free Member

I’m in a really hot hospital ward in London and can’t get out till Wednesday, a week after major surgery. Then, I’ll be off the bike for at least three months. It’s still a really good weekend…

Rachel

easygirl

I get the humour, there is humour in my post….somewhere 🙂

Mantastic
    Free Member

I can’t find my lucky pants and my fancy dress costume is far too tight, should have tried it on last week.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

allthegear – Member

I’m in a really hot hospital ward in London and can’t get out till Wednesday, a week after major surgery. Then, I’ll be off the bike for at least three months. It’s still a really good weekend…

Rachel

Posted 4 minutes ago #Report-Post

Get well soon !

MrWoppit
    Free Member

geetee, you’re abandoning the Nikolai? Is the new bike also in camo finish? 😀

theotherjonv

I get the humour too, sorry. I just lost mine last night and wanted to break stuff,get drunk,and rant about what a **** cancer is.

Had a ride this morning. Hurt myself inside a bit till it felt better, cried a bit and started to make plans about how I can help. I’m a bloke and not a very empathetic one at that, so I’m worried I’ll be hopeless at ‘being there’ for my wife and F’s husband, but I’m immensely practical so I hope that will be of some use in the coming weeks.

Sorry again.

phatstanley
    Free Member

timothy winters – a fine poem on perspective

but i got the humour in the op’s post, too….i think.

easygirl

Whatever you do, keep visiting and talking about it, if they want you to
    You wouldn’t believe how many people avoided my dad when he was Ill, I think it’s the fact that people don’t know what to say.
    Some of the best help we had off friends were simple things like doing some shopping for us, or making us a meal , just to take the pressure off
    Good lucj

geetee1972
    Free Member

I get the humour too, sorry. I just lost mine last night and wanted to break stuff,get drunk,and rant about what a **** cancer is.

I missed this post and felt bad for not having acknowledged it.

Cancer is a ****. The experience of learning about a situation like you’ve described is that you immediately start to grieve but because the person has not died yet, the grieving process is confused and doesn’t make sense. Everyone reacts differently but anger is pretty common. It’s certainly what I have experienced having been through very similar situations (more than once).

I’m not sure if this perspective helps but one of the experiences I had was with my uncle’s second wife. I only knew her for maybe five years or so but she was an incredible person and she was instrumental to my deciding to undertake a major life changing project.

When she died (of bowel cancer) I was so angry and upset for quite a while because it didn’t occur to me that I should be grieving quite as badly as I was. After all, she wasn’t my wife, I had only known her for a relatively short period of time, so I didn’t feel as if I had the right to be so upset.

Effectively it was a denial of the grieving process and that denial manifest as anger.

Not sure if that resonates or not.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Miserable bloody weekend’ is closed to new replies.