Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Minecraft PE help please
  • i_like_food

Heavy sigh…

My son plays Minecraft on my android tablet. The mother-in-law has bought him an Amazon Kids Fire 8HD for Christmas (eg she asked me to buy it, got it delivered here, and I am now setting it up… :roll:). To be fair I was worried that by using my tablet/login he had unfiltered access to the entire internet so it’s not a bad present.

So, I have figured out how to copy his world from my tablet to the Fire tablet using a file manager and Google Drive and I can open it under the admin (my login) on the Fire tablet. But I can’t get the world to open in his login, I assume because Android fences off users from each other.

I’ve tried installing Google drive and the file manager under his username but the Fire seems to not like downloading files from Drive under his login.

Does anyone have any tips? Obviously I have 9 days to get this sorted…

jamj1974

I can’t promise it will be helpful, but I will ask the Minecraft PE experts in the house. I’ll come back to you today.

fossy

Can you look at the account restrictions. Does it let you get into Minecraft at all under his login ?

You may have to alter the user rights under his google login.

jamj1974

Ok. Spoken to my tech support guys. They have moved to new tablets 3 times between them. They say that their worlds are stored online and that they move automatically when they log in.

i_like_food

@fossy. Yup can definitely log into Minecraft under his username.

@jamj1974 that sounds like the way forward. Can you ask how they do that? Do I need an Xbox live account and subscription? Old pass on my thanks to your IT support team!

jamj1974

They don’t have xbox live accounts – so I would say no. They do have mojang accounts though as they use Minecraft PC too.

aracer
    Free Member

online worlds seems like the way forwards, but I suspect the issue you’re having is probably a Kindle Fire issue rather than a Minecraft issue. I’ve had all sorts of problems getting things to work properly on a Kindle Fire (sorry can’t be of more help, it always takes me ages to sort these issues out when I do – though I do use a file manager from the kids’ account to make things work – the secret may be to avoid using Drive and transfer via USB instead).

i_like_food

Mega – thanks all. I’m going to pursue online worlds, I can’t believe this is causing me so much hassle – the first true sign of being left behind as the world accelerates away from me 😀

Poopscoop

the first true sign of being left behind as the world accelerates away from me

Yeah,I know how you feel!

Happens to us all I guess.

Gotta love sorting out a techy present that someone else has bought for your kid…

Been there, done that! Lol

jamj1974

Poop scoop +1.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Minecraft PE help please’ is closed to new replies.