Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Milan – San Remo (probable SPOILERS)
  • lazybike
    Free Member

I find it hard to feel for Bouhanni…..because he’s a right gobs@#$e.

He’s the Millwall of pro cycling…nobody likes him.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

older previously written of riders are on the come back trail and guys like EVBH who were dismissed as mere Doms at Sky are starting to show what they can do when unshackled from the constraints of a large team…

EVBH was a protected rider for years at Sky and rarely delivered, he always runs out of puff on the long classics

Standard on the other hand was as you describe but now earning projected status

wilburt
    Free Member

It did feel like a comedy of errors watching, sure it didnt riding mind. Maybe it was the weather or the way there all super fit even early in the season.

Watching each of my bets come to grief then the fella fall in front of Sagan was the final straw, although tbh he looked khalf asleep to me, I dont think he fancied another sprint with those remaining.

Noticable too was the production of the programme which has definitely gone all sky now the anglo saxons are taking an interest in road cycling.

rOcKeTdOg

Interesting riders from 2 teams saying Demare held on to his team car up the cipressa after his crash

chakaping
    Free Member

Just tuned in for the last 50km yesterday, I thought the last 10km was satisfyingly unpredictable.

I’d have been crying too if I was gaviria and I’d just ridden 300km and fallen off of my own accord in the last km.

Demare looked a worthy winner from what I saw.

beej

His Strava file has been deleted, but not before a journalist got a screenshot. He got the KOM up Cipressa, impressive work for a sprinter…

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/demares-milan-san-remo-data-file-deleted-from-strava/

mrblobby
    Free Member

This could get interesting!

Spin
    Free Member

Wonder if they’ll act on that?

rOcKeTdOg

No video or photo evidence, stewards say no. If Demare releases his data I wonder if a few others will follow suit from suspect rides in the past. Fabs “motor” bike for instance

crazy-legs

I was working on a high-profile race a couple of years ago where something similar happened. Problem was, no-one could work out if it was towing or if the rider had taken a lap out then jumped in somewhere near the front group but out of sight of cameras/Commissaires.
    Bottom line was that no-one had seen anything untoward – we knew something was up just from the timings of the groups on the road but with no absolute proof the result had to stand.

Teams are always very quick to complain about other riders, other cars etc getting what they perceive to be an unfair advantage while at the same time trying any underhand tactic they can get away with too.

At the moment, Commissaires don’t have the power to act on power/Strava data, especially post-event. A Commissaire’s power ends once the race has been concluded except in cases of giving out fines collected during the actual race. They aren’t permitted to go back to a race from yesterday, last week etc and re-jig the results just cos a rider was caught cheating.

The UCI might still have the power to act on it but it would require a lot more evidence than this (although you’ve got to admit, it’s a weird coincidence that he’s deleted his Strava file…)

With the march of technology, it would be possible (although very time-consuming) to interrogate everyone’s data afterwards but it would turn the sport into nothing more than number crunching and you end up with armchair experts tearing everything to shreds (much the same way they did when Froome released all his power data).

stevious

If it’s true then I’d pay next months salary to be in the room when he and the DS get a bollocking from Marc Madiot.

Don’t think I’d need much French to understand it 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

Curious to see what information comes to light. Phone camera photos and videos etc. Helicopter footage that wasn’t shown on TV. I’d imagine there would need to be an overwhelming amount of “evidence” published in the media before any sort of official investigation.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

It’s still Strava – I just followed a link from Race Radio twitter. Demare set this year’s KOM and equaled the overall, set by Kwiakowski (last year?). So not off-the-chart smoking gun but worth a chin-stroke for an underperforming sprinter.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Milan – San Remo (probable SPOILERS)’ is closed to new replies.