Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Milan – San Remo (probable SPOILERS)
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

This weekend!!! So who’s going to win?

10 riders to watch from Cycling News…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYNEYpWaBGU[/video]

Kristoff gone a bit quiet, has to be the top pick building up to MSR. Degenklob out unfortunately. Cancellara looking superb having won Strada and the ITT at Tirreno Adriatico. GVA and Sagan rivalry brewing nicely. Mathews on form. Thomas and Kwiatkowski looking good for Sky. Eddy Boss and Cav going well too. Will Gaviria be there at the end? Will Nibbles go for his usual long ranger? Can’t wait 🙂

lunge

EBH, I’ve just got a hunch this might be his year, though Matthews is in the mix too. In fact, I saw EBH with astonishingly long odds for Paris-Roubaix and should have dropped a couple of quid on him each way.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Stybar’s looked pretty good thus far.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Did think about Stybar, he is on super form, but not sure the finish is best suited for him.

nasher
    Free Member

If it doesn’t get cancelled, winter has just arrived here, the milan sanremo goes past my house and its sleeting!!!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Oooh didn’t know you were on here. Must come out and watch it with you sometime 🙂

lazybike
    Free Member

Sagan to do a Kelly off the Poggio…Bouhanni top 3.

pondo

I want Super Sagan to win, but then I want him to win everything. 🙂

lazybike
    Free Member

If it doesn’t get cancelled, winter has just arrived here, the milan sanremo goes past my house and its sleeting!!!

Nooooo!!

mrblobby
    Free Member

This has just popped up on inrng…

The Sanremo Paradox

lazybike
    Free Member

@nasher How’s the weather looking for tomorrow?

Klunk
    Free Member

Sagan to finish 2nd. 😀

wilburt
    Free Member

Cav 33/1

everyone
    Free Member

Sagz, GvA and Kristoff for me. Not necessarily in that order.

FuzzyWuzzy

If it’s wet I’m hoping for a Sagan, Stybar and Cancellara break-away on the Poggio descent, then my heart says Cancellara for the win but any of those 3 winning would be fine by me.

dragon
    Free Member

I would love G to win, but realistically probably between Spartacus and ‘Bling’ Matthews.

gren
    Free Member

EBH on form but I can’t see past Kristoff. Would love to see a long range swansong attack from Cancellara

Sagan to be second….of course

nasher
    Free Member

It’s a lovely sonny morning here on the Riviera, just like yesterday morning… about time as the MS has always been cold and wet!!

lazybike
    Free Member

Nice… come on Nacer!

ashfanman
    Free Member

Can’t see EBH or Cav featuring. Likewise the Sky boys.

Cancellara in ominous form, but will be hard for him to succeed in a breakaway without some seriously strong riders for company. Sagan will be heavily marked, but the final descent suits his power. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Matthews and Bouhanni slugging it out in another sprint.

Weather could be a factor though. Should be an exciting race!

wilburt
    Free Member

Agreed, its a sprinters race, however theres lots of opportunity for upset in 300k. Detour due to landslide just announced, doesnt change the race though.

I’ve now got four bets, Thomas as for the breakaway@100/1, Cav out of optimism @33/1, Kristoff and Sagan as actual likely winners.

Dont normally gamble but laid up sick so adds to the interest of the day.

Spin
    Free Member

Steve Cummings as a real outsider. Having Cav and EBH in his team could work for him like it did at Tirreno-Adriatico. He’s a man who knows how to make a last few k solo break stick and clearly in stellar form too. Unlikely to win but I bet he’s in at the death.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

crazy amount of crashes in the last 5 minutes

ashfanman
    Free Member

Yeah, getting really nervy.

wilburt
    Free Member

Thats my unaccounted for 1k out of it then.

crazy-legs

If that 9km diversion along the motorway hadn’t been put in, my time guess on the Rapha website (running a competition to guess the finishing time) would have been spot on. As it is, I’m bloody way off!

crazy-legs

Bloody hell, that was SO close for Ben Swift!!

ashfanman
    Free Member

Shame for Sagan. He was perfectly positioned until Gaviria went down and bumped into him.

Spin
    Free Member

Ben Swift. Always the bridesmaid.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Well who’d have predicted that! Really is a lottery of a race.

crazy-legs

Ben Swift. Always the bridesmaid.

He’s had 3rd and 2nd now at MSR.
    Mind you, he also got stalled a bit by Gaviria’s crash.

deviant
    Free Member

Steve Cummings as a real outsider. Having Cav and EBH in his team could work for him like it did at Tirreno-Adriatico. He’s a man who knows how to make a last few k solo break stick and clearly in stellar form too. Unlikely to win but I bet he’s in at the death.

This for me, MTN seem to be going quietly about their business and are almost under the radar with a team of has-beens and never-was’s….only problem for the other Grand Tour teams is they are actually doing something right, riders are coming back into form, older previously written of riders are on the come back trail and guys like EVBH who were dismissed as mere Doms at Sky are starting to show what they can do when unshackled from the constraints of a large team….loving watching MTN at the moment, i’d love to see them throw a spanner in the works and win….god knows Cav is capable and has done it before, EVBH could do it if he could believe and Cummings always seems up for a fight, bring it on!

Milan San Remo results notwithstading i stand by what i said, MTN are a great team to have in the UCI pro tour…kind like when USpostal turned up and shook things up…lets hope theres no doping this time though.

tonyg2003

ahhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. So who won! My recording finished 500m from the finish !!!

scaredypants

Shame for Sagan. He was perfectly positioned until Gaviria went down and bumped into him.

Yeh – looked very “ready” too

tonyg – Demare (spellen?) won it in a fragmented sprint

beej

I’m happy Demare won, I like him – mainly because he’s a French sprinter who isn’t Bouhanni.

Good attempt by Sky, they threw everything at that. I never felt they were going to get the win though.

lazybike
    Free Member

Nice race…felt sorry for Nacer…slipped his gears at a crucial moment.

benw
    Free Member

Not a great race today,San Remo is up there as one of my favourite races but it wasn’t as entertaining as it normally is.

butcher

Could have been more attacks. Nibali attacking from about 3 metres from the top of the Poggio seems a bit well I’ve said I’m gonna do this, so I best do something…. Crash at the end spoilt it a bit as well I thought.

But, always a good finish MSR. Mad descending and uncertainty all the way. Feel bad for Ben swift. Would have been a huge win for him.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I find it hard to feel for Bouhanni…..because he’s a right gobs@#$e.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

the classics cannot always be classics, crashes all over, and then the final one killed it for the sprint

cancellara bridging to kwiatkowski was great, anyone but Trentin with him then would he have got it?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Milan – San Remo (probable SPOILERS)’ is closed to new replies.