• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Andy.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Middleburn RX8 Boost double spider for plus bike?
  • Andy

I would like to use my middleburn RX8 cranks on my 29 plus bike. Its a 148 boost frame and want boost cranks to help with chain clearing the 3″ tyre. Has anyone done this please? Struggling to see if a boost spider is available for the RX8 cranks for 64/104 bcd double chainrings. Cheers

Rubber_Buccaneer

I don’t know the answer so can only suggest getting in touch with BETD

https://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/middleburn

letmetalktomark

Someone will come along and correct me I’m sure but ……

The chainrings and spiders for the external Middleburn chain sets were dished towards the chain stay for chain line:

Uno for an RX8 External:

Wonky McWonk

Uno for an RS7/8 square taper/ISIS:

No Wonk

I’d considered something similar for my Longitide 29 plus and was planning on fitting an RS7/8 double spider rather than RX8 on the basis that would be in effect further out from the chain stay.

I’ve no idea if the amount it would be “out” would work regards clearance/chain line but maybe worth a go?

Andy

letmetalktomark

I’d considered something similar for my Longitide 29 plus and was planning on fitting an RS7/* double spider rather than RX* on the basis that would be in affect further out form the chain stay.

Ah yes I seem to remember that being the way to fit early RX8s to fatbikes. Thats great Mark, thanks. Was going to ask BETD but wanted to see if any real world experience first.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Middleburn RX8 Boost double spider for plus bike?’ is closed to new replies.