Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Middleburn Chainline when using an uno ….bottom bracket size
  • simonlovesrocks
    Free Member

Hi,

Having decided that the HTII system is a pain in the arse iv gone back to ST for simplicity. Im running a 1×9 set up I was just wondering what size BB would be correct to get the optimum chain line. Middleburn suggests a 113mm with a spider but to me the uno is a different kettle of fish.

Also do I really need a 8/9speed specific ring ? as opposed to a 3/32 ?

warpcow
    Free Member

I can't really comment too much on UNO for 1×9. I'm using ST Middleburns with a regular spider for 1×9 and had a b****r of a time getting the chainline correct for my e.13 guide. An UNO comes in at a 50mm (w/113mm BB) chainline from what Middleburn state. I had to space my ring in to 48mm so as not to interfere with the guide. Works fine though, just be careful picking a guide (Paul's Chain-Keeper would have been better, in hindsight).

Any 3/32 ring is fine.

pedalhead
    Free Member

I'd be interested in how this turns out for you as I have a frame on the way onto which I'll be putting a 113mm Royce BB & Middleburn Uno (for 1×9).

Jason
    Free Member

On my frame with a 73mm BB shell I had to go to a 118mm axle. With the suggested 113mm axle there was a paper thin space between the retaining ring and the end of the BB body.

Pitto
    Free Member

I had same issue as Jason. Ended up going for a 118mm axle even though a 113 was advised.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Bugger, this doesn't bode well 🙄

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Middleburn Chainline when using an uno ….bottom bracket size’ is closed to new replies.